Monday, December 19, 2016

(Horse Racing) California Chrome Wins Winter Challenge, Vox Populi

B"H
The highlight of my weekend was THIS bit of audio offering wherein I played a frostbit part (which part I won't say) in the Cigars City Podcast 2016 Cigar Aficionado Top 25 Retrospective. Suffice to say, gentlepersons, the chestnut champion California Chrome's weekend out-did mine by 12 lengths.

That length-of-dozen is how far ahead Chromie, under Mr. Victor Espinoza, finished from the rest of the Winter Challenge field. The Los Alamitos stabled horse ran the Pegasus Cup prep in a track record-setting time of 1:40.03. Toppling Uncle Lino's best, set interestingly 'nuff, in the California Chrome Stakes.
This strong and final home showing behind him, the five year-old can now go on to said world's richest $12M race Gulf Stream Floridian romp Pegasus Cup. He'll have Arrogate to contend with and avenge his Breeders' Cup loss to, therein. Then, the much less daunting task of a well-earned retirement to stud lay ahead.

“I want Arrogate bad,” trainer Art Sherman said. “One more time. I got something in my heart that says I can beat him. ... This will be great for horse of the year, I got a chance.”

With the Eclipse Award then fully in sight, California Chrome, North America's all-time leading earner ($14.5M), again hath been awarded the 2016 Secretariat Vox Populi “Voice of the People” honors. The news came this very morn. He first received the coveted award in 2014 after winning the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes. At a last grasp toward recovering from my own weekend, this morning I washed a whole buncha dishes. By hand. It calms me, gentlepersons. IT CALMS ME.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing it via the buttons below.
Sharing is a quick, easy, and free way to help me grow my audience.

If you’ve enjoyed a buncha these posts, please consider donating.
PayPal: paypal.me/Kaplowitz
Venmo: @KapKaplowitz

Questions/comments/concerns? Contact me HERE.

Please visit www.CigarsCity.com
Great smokes. Great prices. Great customer service. What’s not to like?

Check out www.JasSumKral.com
Catch the #JSKvirus today. Boutique as pardon my French.

If I might too, give Lucky Leaf a long look. Be Lucky.

Consider, please, joining my Kaplowitz Mishpucha HERE. Too...
like me on Facebook: Have you Kaplowitz’d today?
L'shalom