Sunday, November 15, 2015

Mailbag Monday for 11.16.15

I went to my very first Comicon yesterday. My final thought on the matter? I'll tell you what I told my pal who graciously dragged me along: "It's like a themed swap meet." But only after spending an hour in line just to get in.

As with anything, there is a certain palatable pleasure in the air whenever you're privy to so many people gathering under a passionately shared interest. I was amazed at how much I don't know re: Pop Culture. Also amazing was a particular Iron Man and Storm Trooper cos-playing couple of fellas. I'd have loved to talk to them more, but my five year-old son had other plans.

Oh, and here's yer Mailbag Monday:
"What makes for an A stick in your rating system?"

Well, having discussed how I arrive at an A+ HERE, sorta does beg this question, huh? Simply, an A smoker is one that I want you to try. Figure you came by to smoke on my porch -- an A is what I'd give you. Something I feel is a 'must try.' T be clear, this is from A- and up. Here's a recent list. I'll have another coming as soon as enough are accumulated.

Do you have one I need to try? Send the those deets.
"I'm having problems with my cigars unwrapping. What gives?"

There are two reasons behind this fairly common issue (although less common with premium offerings):
  1. 1. They were not properly wrapped at the factory. (Hence less common in premium offerings.)
  2. 2. They are dry. This will especially be the case if the cut causes peeling.
What can you do?
In the case of the first, explore other offerings. In the case of the second, check your humidity levels. Also check the humidor at your local tobacconist. Also, also, if you're buying on-line (getting smokes shipped to you) give them time to rest from their journey. Do this in your humi that you already checked the humidity levels of. 

Worst case being you're mid-smoke and the wrapper leaf doth leave, you can smoke without it as long as the binder holds. It usually does. However, much of the flavor of a smoke comes from its wrapper, and your cigar will be fugly. 

Bear in mind that if it starts peeling at the cut cap, moistening it in your mouth will help. Luckily, you were sticking it in yer maw, anyways.
"Is nasal snuff a good way to quit cigarettes?"

Yes, also Scotch is a good way to quit Bourbon. 

If you're making the move due to health reasons, it's true that there is less proof that nasal snuff is detrimental. But to be honest, there are a LOT less nasal snuff users to study. I do, as a layman, think that allowing the product to remain unheated releases less bad stuff. Long and short of this and everything, weigh your enjoyment of whatever, against its inherent risks.

Something to note is that nicotine via cigarettes and nicotine via nasal insufflation does often hit a gentleperson quite differently. On a stylistic note alone, I find nasal snuff to be quite the rakishly rapscallion thing.
"How are Moe, Larry, and Curly (Of C & C Farms) doing?"

HERE's the posting of mine being referenced. 

Mr. Scitern has graciously been keeping me abreast of their development. From the man himself:
"They are doing great... they will not start training till the[y] get 13 months old. Right now they are just growing up and enjoying the good life LOL"
Moe, looking like his usual go-getter self.
I swears he looks like Larry Fine.
This dog is definitely a Super Stooge.

As always, Thank you ever so kindly for reading and for sending me in your questions which can, at this point, apparently pertain to nigh abouts anything. Keep sending them to me via twitter @iamkap.

Go have the best darned week EVER, gentlepersons!!!