Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Caldwell Cigars Long Live the King | Cigar Review Redux by Kaplowitz

"Have you Kaplowitz'd to-day?"


Caldwell Long Live the King
WRAPPER: Dominican Corojo
BINDER: Dominican Corojo
FILLER: Peruvian Pelo de Oro, Nicaraguan Habana Ligero

FORMAT: Corona (5.75x46) "The Heater"
ORIGIN: Caldwell Cigar Factory, DR
STRENGTH: Full

NOTES: "Richer than Warren Buffet," indeed. I love the band on this thing. I feel like I've talked about this offering a ton -- I know I've smoked it a ton. Ah, familiarity, you old motherfucker. Deep & dark notes. Roasted. Overtones ---. black/red pepper, brownie (corner piece), espresso. Undertones ---> cedar, molasses, black bread, raisins, compost. Floating about in varying levels of twixt (complexities) ---> chili powder, leather, beef. Finish is long thick overtones.

Burns on an even line sans re-touching. Draws smooth, even. Ash ain't a builder, much. Offers goodly+ smoke both actively as well as passively, building into a meaty bittersweet room-note. Luscious and enveloping of room and smoke-hole.

FINAL GRADE: A-
A 90-100 B 80-89 C 70-79 D 60-69 F 0-59

I reviewed this blend in its Petite Corona "Manzanita" vitola ((( link )))
I also smoked it in an ancient edition of a Cigars City podcast ((( link )))
Caldwell Cigars is a sponsor of KAPLOWITZ MEDIA.


Report a typo or factual mistake.
We are proud to be approved by the CMF

#KM
Twitter
YouTube

Keep me going
Keep me GROWING:
Donate HERE via PayPal.
Shop for K/M merch HERE.

If interested, you may scope the KM boxing blog ((( link )))