Friday, May 22, 2020

Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust Awarded One Star | A Kaplowitz Guide Update

"Have you Kaplowitz'd to-day?"

[For more about The Kaplowitz Guide & how its star rating system works, please visit: https://bit.ly/2SrDUZs]

One Kaplowitz Media. Star is awarded to Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust.

Tricky business, this. Separating Steve Saka's current Dunbarton T&T work from his resume of previous experiences. He blogged cigars before blogs existed; chiseling his cuneiform thoughts into stone. Or so I'd imagine -- this was well before my time. He then went on to be employed by a mega-retailer, then by a mega douche. I kid. His work at Drew Estate includes formulating the Liga Privada No. 9, Acid, and Herrera Esteli blends.

But this Kaplowitz Guide star is not for Steve Saka, per see. It is instead for his Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust. I mean, just read the title here, gentlepersons. In a podcast chat of ours some time ago, he remarked that his career is unraveling, what with moving from larger to smaller then smaller again entities. Again, JR Cigars, Drew Estate (smaller potatoes when he signed up), & now a small mom & pop operation (him being Pop). 

I say he's got/getting it right & then more right, with this trajectory. It lands here, for now, w/ DTT. An instantly classic brand. There is a sturdiness displayed across the portfolio (Trust) which takes no excitement away from some truly dazzling experiences. Please do not let the owner's well-practiced & winding Eeyore like self-dismissals fool you; there is brilliant stuff here. He knows it. Another star is earned upon my simply smoking more offerings. I'm truly looking forward to all that.

To begin, smoke the Sobremesa, as pristine & exquisite a cigar as you'll find. Then grow some god damn balls and experience the Mi Querida. Finally, no one can figure out how tf I got my hands on a Muestra de Saka Oro Verde Candela, a lovely thing. (& I ain't telling.)

::: very :::