Thursday, December 15, 2016

Mi Querida Ancho Largo - Cigar Review

B"H
THE CIGAR
Dunbarton T&T
Mi Querida
Ancho Largo 6 x 52 Toro
w. Connecticut Broadleaf
b./f. Nicaraguan
m. Nicaraguan American Cigar S.A. (NACSA)
K A P L O W I T Z SCALE
Construction.
k a p l o w I t z
Rustic but solid assemblage. A darkly oiled toothy texture which wildly screams luscious. I hush it, lest my wife hear. Zilch insofar as soft/hard spots. Seams hold gate-to-wire as doth a smooth and even medium tension'd draw. Density of pack softens trough the 2/3 to no performance impedimentation. Nub is soft but smoke is cool in my dainty lil smoke-hole.

Combustion.
k a p l o W i t z
Oy gevalt, the tremendous daresay "yuge" smoke out-put off each end. Line doesn't find perfection, but neither hints at the mandate of a re-touch. Ash is a dark grey somewhat flaked oily sheath; builds to 3/4" at a time. Perhaps a tick of aeration. A draw into my Dollar Store hand mirror shows an even burn of wrapper/binder/filler. A slow and hot burn. Excitement that lasts.

Flavors.
k a p l o w I t z
Brash but too, refined. Verily earthy via composted, manure, barnyard deep depths. A bissell peppery and this plays well with an inherent slightly sweeter than a firm baking chocolate. Ground and spent espresso beans. Hints of molasses in an abundance of smoked mesquite notes. Beef jerky tendencies. A singular dollop of scorched cream. Finishes intentionally drrrty, but also with a surprisingly complex and refined bittersweetness. A slight lilt of a biological alkaline quality. Dehydrated unsweetened dark fruit.

Body.
k a p l o w i T z
A well-behaved bull in china shoppe. Robust. Thinly gravely, gruff. Again a purposeful drrrty. No tingle to lips nor cheeks. Sticks to ribs. Excellent moisture level. Cool temp'd. A scoundrel of sorts. A debonair ne'er-do-well. Long leg'd stubbly finish.

Strength.
k a p l o W i t z
Again, well-trained bull in China shoppe. Nicotine lifts but never spikes. Verily a beastly back-bone.

FINAL GRADE
****A-****
EDITOR'S NOTE
I smoked on a' these whist audio interviewing Mr. Steve Saka HERE.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing it via the buttons below.
Sharing is a quick, easy, and free way to help me grow my audience.

If you’ve enjoyed a buncha these posts, please consider donating.
PayPal: paypal.me/Kaplowitz
Venmo: @KapKaplowitz

Questions/comments/concerns? Contact me HERE.

Please visit www.CigarsCity.com
Great smokes. Great prices. Great customer service. What’s not to like?

Check out www.JasSumKral.com
Catch the #JSKvirus today. Boutique as pardon my French.

Consider, please, joining my Kaplowitz Mishpucha HERE. Too...
like me on Facebook: Have you Kaplowitz’d today?
L'shalom