Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Kaplowitz Media: Odds & Ends at the Ides (August)

"Why not Kaplowitz?"


  • New Kaplowitz Media sponsor: Om Mani Cigars
  • New Kaplowitz Radio sponsor: Gran Habano
  • September/Shemptember K/M Bday Bash
  • Addition: "delivery" & "pepper-spice" (reviews)
  • New (old) cigar review format (again)
  • PS: The Week's Big Thing
Gentlepersons,

Thanks for coming out to this, my State of the Kaplowitz.xyz Address.

Lettuce 1st knock off two of the above bullet-points by welcoming new sponsor Om Mani Cigars to the Kaplowitz Media fold. Also, lettuce do the same but different to Gran Habano, a long-time sponsor of K/M, now of Kaplowitz Radio as well and too. Thanks, bigly, to each and HEY, if you wanna be a sponsor check-out THIS.

While checking-out this and that, SEPTEMBER IS K/M's 3rd Aniversario and there will be partay-ing. And fund-raising. Check-out: Official Kaplowitz Media 3rd Anniversary Events Guide/Index. Please do follow that link but below I'll post...

SHEMPTEMBER LIST OF EVENTS:
September 1st (time TBD) KAPATHON 2018
September 15th Kaplowitz Media Festival (time/place TBD)
September 30th CIGAR OF THE YEAR Announced

Again, mucho more info HERE.

& last but not least (altho there ain't no least here in #BEASTMODE, so natch) eagle-eyed readers will have by now noted the additions of DELIVERY and PEPPER-SPICE to my written cigar reviews. Think of delivery in terms of ~body and pepper-spice in terms of, well, pepper-spice. I'll be offering a couple words and a lo | medium | high scale, respectively.

Oh, also & re: cigar reviews. This forthcoming batch addition to my some ~600 penned will be a return to the ~25-word Cigar Aficionado dalliance I employed some time back. On top of WRAPPER: BINDER: FILLER: FORMAT: ORIGIN: STRENGTH: PROFILE: DELIVERY: PEPPER-SPICE: low | med | high COMBUSTION: poor | ok | excellent CONSTRUCTION: poor | ok | excellent. See? Also included will be the per usual background/origin info & FINAL GRADE: A 90-100 B 80-89 C 70-79 D 60-69 F 0-59

To clarify I'll ask of me: "~25-word Cigar Aficionado dalliance?" To wit -- some time ago, I took a dozen or so maybe 18 CA cigar reviews and did the math. The wordcount avg'd out to 25 words on the dot. I'll shoot for 25 but won't lose sleep twixt 23-27. Although previously I did hit 25 on the nose every. single. time. Again, #BEASTMODE

thx

Till the Ides next,

Kap

PS: Shortly following on the heels of calling this post done, I've decided upon a new written weekly (not weakly) segment entitled "The Week's Big Thing" this will be a highlight of the singular thing I've been all about the previous seven days. It could be anything, really -- a cigar thing, a style thing, a food thing -- a lifestyle thing, then.  I'm not sure it'll have its own specific day-slot yet, and it won't yet, at least. But look for it as an "Extra Edition" thing hither &/or thither.

Report a typo, win a No-prize.

Like Kaplowitz Media on Facebook HERE
& join the Kaplowitz Media Group HERE

Keep me going.
Keep me GROWING.
Go HERE to support K/M.

72. Kaplowitz Radio