Saturday, October 29, 2016

18 Sabbaths - My Father Le Bijou 1922 14th Sabbath

B"H
THE CIGAR
My Father Cigars
Le Bijou 1922
6 1/8 x 52 torpedo box-press
w. Nicaraguan Habano Oscuro (Pelo De Oro)
b./f. Nicaraguan

A full review of this offering can be read HERE.
A K A P L O W I T Z Scale review can be read HERE.
All 18 Sabbaths (& more re: the project) can be read HERE.

This offering and the remaining are courtesy of Cigars City and my mad March Madness skills.
I
Leathery oils cushion black pepper and then a delayed sweet cream sets in. Sugary sweet. A plum raisin fruitiness comes into the cream then expands outward. Sugar... have I said that? Sweetest Sabbath yet. Some dark honey. Fruits seem to be rehydrating into grapes and plums. Construction begins a bit unevenly packed at pre-light, but finds a lit even at -medium firmness. Draw is a medium tension and very satiatingly so. Very smooth if not soft mouth-feel with a definite black pepper and tobacco tingle. Burnt offerings are a nigh luminous whiteness with a tick of flakiness in their texture. Burn-line ain't even, but darn close.

A meaty note in a soy sauce marinade; verily umami. Ash lilts and cracks slightly and I roll it off in my $0.99 Walmart ashtray. Dry coarse outer failed sheath, with a dense oily core. Cool to the finger finaglings. I have a lot of time on my hands, gentlepersons. So do you and thanks for spending some of that here at www.kaplowitz.xyz: yer home on the web for this sorta thing. Chocolate comes in BIG. Hits the finish first in a baking way -- then onto the draw in a creamy dark chocolate. Interesting delivery.

Pace of smoke seems mayhaps a tick quick as suddenly I find me in --

II
Blast of cedar with a butterscotch under-belly. Espresso beans. Burn ain't even, but not hath it further strayed. Tonight is Halloween! Or, more perfectly stated, tonight is the celebration of Halloween! (Since it falls on a Monday this trip 'round the sun.) A Boo Barn and a school party for my kid are on my itinerary. I like Halloween -- it's a lot like goy Purim. I love Purim. I was BORN on Purim; but not last Purim. Meaning ya can't fool me. Unless I want you to.

Loads of chocolate. Spices come in red and led by a cumin. Meaty and dessert-y. Fruits flex [image of Nathan Lane and NPH in a gym]. Leather dials back to cover the profile's compost under-belly. Medium+ across-the-board. I'm on an empty gut, so I might need a teaspoon of sugar. Sugar in the stick is now the brown varietal and caramelized. Buttery. Verily, the upper echelon of these Sabbath offerings thus far. Verily Longfellow's Little Girl with a Curl, these Le Bijous. Heavy dark and deep tobacconess. Inky black night...

Smoke out-put goes from a tick beyond average to cumulus plumes. A bit of top-leaf ducks ahead of line and a seam doth loosen. An orange vibe sets into the finish's end. Said finish is -long and nicely bitter sweet woodsy earth. On the immediate draw is sarsaparilla, pardnah. Burnt offerings fugly up a bit. Pack density ain't so dense, read: nigh spongy. Flavors are a treat, a sweet and savory treat. I see no real trick as of yet. Quite enjoyable, this.

III
Fruits juice. Espresso pulls. I haven't been watching the clock, nor did I note a start-time, but this My Father seems to be smoking fast. Press rounded in II and now, is flattening. Seems teeny-tiny twixt my fingers and in my smoke-hole. There's a bit of flowering of ash. Grains come in and I get a sense of Cocoa Pebbles. A kid awkwardly dribbles a basketball past my house whilst hunting Pokemon on his phone.

Profile sees its body thin a tick, but still stays in a medium+ realm. Strength dips a hair. Mouth-feel is a bit spitty. I remove the primary band, having already removed the secondary one a few minutes, tops, prior. Soft shaft, but draw and remainder of seams each hold well. Lots of woods now, the cedar flexes and a new seasoned oak finds the spice and pepper notes. Chocolate mixes with that thar sarsaparilla. Brown sugar laces. Leather covered compost rises up from underneath. Dark fruit juices come and go on the finish. Retro-hale is a sweetly scorched earth. Citrus is an influence on the mouth-feel. Tobacco tobacco pipe tobacco. Dense room-note of pipe-tobacco -- even out here on my porch.

What's this? Chocolate soda hurriedly shows me the door on a somewhat heated note. Hold on! I was mid-sentenc--
If you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing it via the buttons below. Sharing is a quick, easy, and free way to help me grow my audience.

If you’ve enjoyed a buncha these posts, please consider donating.
PayPal: paypal.me/Kaplowitz
Venmo: @KapKaplowitz

Questions/comments/concerns? Contact me HERE.

Please visit www.CigarsCity.com
Great smokes. Great prices. Great customer service. What’s not to like?

Check out www.JasSumKral.com
Catch the #JSKvirus today. Boutique as pardon my French.

Anytime. Anywhere. (541) 343-0167 #GoTaxi

Stop by www.ManoloEstate.com
Cuban Heritage | Inspired innovation #SmokeManolo #CubanCrown

Like me on Facebook: Have you Kaplowitz’d today?
EDITOR'S NOTE
Written prior to the Sabbath, automatically posted during. Gut Shabbos and Shabbot Shalom, gentlepersons... happy Saturday, goyim.

L'shalom