Thursday, October 13, 2016

Jas Sum Kral Red Knight - Cigar Review

B"H
INTRO
Previously, I hath reviewed the JSK Red Knight Robusto and the Lonsdale

THE CIGAR
Jas Sum Kral
Red Knight
7 x 38 Lancero
Closed-foot, Pig-tailed
w. Ecuadorian Habano
b. Mexican San Andres & Jalapa Seco
f. Undisclosed at company website
THE KVELL
Superb medium tensioned draw from wire-to-wire.
Big smoke. No. BIGGER.
Cherry note. Kinda a JSK calling card. Maraschino here.
Finishes clean, especially considering the powerful notes.
Them "powerful notes" do have a nuanced depth.
Grows pretty white ash.
Construction holds tight.
Toasty/creamy meaty chew. I'm full. Malted barley. I'm drunk?
Smoke is cool to the nub.

THE KVETCH
Huge up-front pepper/spice blast that leaves me a tick throaty at onset.
Room-note is a bit sharp.
Burn-line don't find even.
Re-touch is needed beginning of 2/3 to off-set canoe.
Shaft scorches ahead of burn in spots.
Some fleeting flirtations with an astringent vibe.
Malt takes a bit to come on, before it do: band-aid adhesive.
Burn goes out on me at the start of 3/3, just as line evens.

THE KIBBITZ 
I see Genghis Khan riding a stallion bareback over dead bodies. I smell flowers -- threatening flowers sent to a mourning widow after a mafia hit. Speaking of bareback -- don't Ron Jeremy smoke these? Oy gevalt. Tantalizing hardwoods; now I'm just being dirty. Apologies, gentlepersons.
FINAL GRADE
****B+****

OUTRO
This is a dialed-in blend, gentlepersons. Across vitola, it'll treat ya the same. Burn issue (1) bugaboo in a fleeting fashion and not messing with flavors in a Lancero format? Barely a negative. Today I sold a '14 Dodge Charger and pulled an '89 Score Kirby Puckett outta a Dollar Store pack. Barely a negative.

L'shalom