Friday, September 6, 2024

La Gloria Cubana Cigars Gran Legado in Review

BRAND: La Gloria Cubana
BLEND: Gran Legado

WRAPPER: Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro
BINDER: Nicaraguan
FILLER: Nicaraguan, Dominican

FORMAT: Figurado (7.75x62)
ORIGIN: El Credito, Dominican Republic
INTENSITY: Medium/Med.-Full
SPICE: 2/5

NOTES:

Legado, huh? Well, it's the size of a leg. Now to see what's ado. So as to not keep it too light, I had a thought the other day as to my eventual epitaph. Not to tempt either fate or George Strait, I'd like it to read "I wasn't here for a good time, I was here for a long time." I digress.

Cuban coffee | Hazelnut butter | Black pepper (finely-ground)

Syrupy, not cloyingly. A natural dark-rounded sweetness steers. Pumpernickel. Dark but happily-high notes of even-keels. Paprika. Excellent nuance, well-lit depths. Confectionary. Leathery molasses. Cherry wood.

Smokes for a long time; offers a good time.

TASTE: B+
DRAW: B
BURN: B+
BUILD: A-

FINAL GRADE: B+
A 90-100 B 80-89 C 70-79

::: very :::