Monday, August 26, 2024

Cigar Recommendations for The Fall and for Autumn

Cigar Recommendations for The Fall and for Autumn

A couple-few years back, when the world was mid-insanity, I heard something cute from a source I sadly cannot recall. Said source (person) told about a time recent to then when they were asked about their plans for the fall. They thought for a moment that the query had to do with the fall of civilization--until they realized that summer was winding-down.

Summer is now winding down. While Autumn is more guaranteed, and perhaps the finest time of year for cigar enjoyment, I figured I'd make a pair of recommendations. Since the fall of civilization is never completely off the table, I figured I'd tell you what to reach for in that case, as well. In all things, I prefer leading with positivity and pumpkin spice, so let's begin there.

AUTUMNAL SMOKES

What makes a good harvest time stick? Spice. A well-rounded enveloping. Comfort and cream. Complexities to ponder as looking down the barrel of a pointed winter-time hunkering-down. As a Habano nut myself, I can't help but hold fast to that bias as thinking up reasons to not rake leaves. As a somewhat aside, leaf-blowers have no place in civilized society. [Names are links to respective reviews]

Casa Cuevas La Mandarria
Big Sky Madison

FALL OF CIVILIZATION

Be it the apocalyptic crescendo of political unrest or perhaps zombie end-game, falls eventually happen. But what to light up in the final call of 'smoke 'em if ya got 'em?' I'll tell you what, it won't be the time for delicate nuances and soft complexities. I for one plan on going out like I came in--confused, screaming, and ill-prepared. I wish to be dulled, not bored, under a table. [Names are links to respective reviews]

Dunbarton Mi Querida Black
Southern Draw Jacobs Ladder

Best wishes to all in Autumn and Fall.

::: very :::