Thursday, December 9, 2021

Excerpt VI from the Kaplowitz Media. Unnamed Cigar Dictionary Project

lo-fi & lovely

Excerpt VI from the Kaplowitz Media. 
Unnamed Cigar Dictionary Project (UCD)

::: EXCERPT :::

Pig-tail A Flag Tip twirled and twisted on itself in such a way as to resemble a, you know, pig’s tail. I tend to think they look like little embroidered yamulkes–which kinda flies in the face of analogous pork products.

Quisqueyas A term used in the Dominican Republic for a Casa de Tabacco (or Air Curing Barn). They are typically built more primitively, however, with open-sides.

I cannot pronounce this word. On account of this, the audiobook edition will not be happening. Sad!

Rolling Table The place a cigar roller sits-at whilst rolling cigars. See: Cigarmaker.

B is for Brooklyn… Funny thing is reviewing and writing about premium tobacco isn’t my first gig in the industry. Back in Brooklyn, where I was born and raised, I did that second thing at a time when this cute tale could take place. I’d be playing outside my parents’ apartment building, and often one of my few clients would call out to me. “Hey,” they’d yell. And shortly after a sock full of cigarette money would fall down toward me from their window. I’d run to the corner drugstore, buy their smokes, and send the sock back their way with their cigarettes in it. I’d keep the change. Cha-ching!

I've made mention of these _ is for ________ things. There will be one for each letter, set atop the entries. Some will be stories, some further or lateral information or opinion. Wow, right?

::: BONUS MATERIAL :::

Flag Tip Some cigars do not have a cap, per se. Instead, the roller extends the wrapper over-top the head of the cigar. Flags can be swirled atop the cigar as in a Pig-tail or left flappin’ in the breeze au natural like a curly head. 

Air Curing Barn See: Casa de Tabacco, Quisqueyas

The main Casa de Tabacco entry is in the eventual book ONLY. Unless I've already shared it in a previous excerpt. Hard to say; impossible to tell.

Cigarmaker Obviously, one who engages in the making of shoes. Some entries are definitely as well as definitively more useful than others. 

lol

::: FONT GUIDE :::

Excerpt from the work-in-progress book (UCD).
My thoughts on the work-in-progress book (UCD).
Italics
within definitions are recommendations to see that entry.

::: WHAT DID I JUST READ? :::

As you Gentlepersons hopefully know or are at the ::: very ::: least now FINALLY aware of under that rock of yours, I am constructing a Cigar Dictionary. A book. It is yet to have been named. Its working title is "Unnamed Cigar Dictionary" (UCD). I will change that "As soon as possible" (ASAP). Nevertheless, the idea of the whole thing, the game plan, is that I will blog the process of creating & assembling the UCD on a non-scheduled basis.

Included in these blog posts will be my italicized thoughts regarding said creating & assembling process--and as we get closer to it being a book proper, the process of that, as well. THESE WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE FINISHED BOOK. Please note that not everything, including the whole or part of definitions, will appear in the finished book.

To read other excerpts, search Unnamed Cigar Dictionary or UCD, in the Search Kaplowitz Media. field to the right of your screen.

I need you Gentlepersons to get excited about this and not be able to wait to purchase it--whenever it finally is completed and available for said purchasing. NO TIMEFRAME.

@kaplowitzmedia
Twitter | Instagram

::: very :::