Thursday, October 5, 2017

Tyson Fury Tweets Furiously, Will Not Seek British Boxing Re-license

Fury shall hath not fought for two years come November. It was then, of course, that he wrested three of four Heavyweight crowns from the head a' Klitschko. Mainly, the lineal championship. A re-match, although signed, never occurred. Instead there was much tsuris in the Fury camp in the form of partying with chemicals and cheeseburgers. Since, he's retired and un-retired... twice. And has had his British boxing license revoked in a doping scandal. A hearing pertaining to the re-instatement of such was planned for this month.
Tyson tweeted yesterday: "After thinking long & hard about my return I will not be applying for aBBBOCboxinglicense. After they way they have handled stuff. No thanks." And tweeted again: "Make it Clare I'll not apply to the BBBOC for a new Licance I'll go elsewhere, take my money & bisuness to somewhere that appreciate it." Oy vey. (All errors [sic])

Peter Fury then tweeted in reply: "Will also look to withdraw Hughies as well. Bent bastards all of them." Peter states that in a nod, I'd imagine, towards Hughie's decision loss to Joseph Parker just a tick a' time ago, in a close but truly awful fight I wrote about in my post: Joseph Parker vs. Hughie Fury: A Boxing Retrospective.

Word is that Tyson might now seek licensure via the Boxing Union of Ireland. Although they have stated they'd be guided in their decision by any previous decisions. I ain't handicapping this one, gentlepersons. Not taking a stab at guessing the future. Where's my popcorn? Hold the butter, please.

"MLB Playoffs Predictions" Kaplowitz Radio: October 4, 2017