Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Rocky Patel Vintage 2006 San Andres - Cigar Review

I'm bleaching the little red house's kitchen counter-tops. Flu-Season, and all. Of course, I do it year-round, as I'm rather neurotic. To keep from bleaching my sweatpants and shirt, which should be seen as akin to ripped jeans in a fashion-sense -- but why trouble trouble -- I donned an old apron.

Back in my chef days of yore, I never wore the highfalutin jackets of the post's prescription. Instead, I wore a Tshirt with apron over-top. Why? Because no one asks the guy in the apron anything. He is left alone. Please don't leave me alone. Or at least first read this review of a Rocky Patel Vintage 2006 San Andres in its Robusto format. Then, ya know, leave me alone. Or send gelt.

NOTES:
Performs via cruise-control burn with smoothly-medium draw tension. Brightly front-loaded of zesty baking-spice/red pepper -- subdues but hangs in to kindly-kick. Rising up of pecan, meat, grain, mocha, and marshmallow. Quite San Andres but greatly Broad-leaf influenced. Supremely-balanced, forward-driven. Complex bitter/sweet long clean leathery finish. Tingly viscous smoke-hole feel.

WRAPPER: Mexican San Andres
BINDER: Connecticut Broadleaf
FILLER: Nicaraguan

STRENGTH: Medium-Full
FORMAT: Robusto
ORIGIN: Tabacalera Villa Cuba S.A., Nicaragua

FINAL GRADE: A-
A 90-100 B 80-89 C 70-79 D 60-69 F 0-59
Report a typo, win a No-prize.

"The Burrito Trap"