Friday, March 3, 2017

18 Sabbaths - Jas Sum Kral Red Knight - 14th Sabbath

... And Bonus Video Looksie at the Red Knight Lancero

B"H
THE CIGAR
Jas Sum Kral Red Knight
5 x 50 Robusto
Closed-foot, Pig-tailed
w. Ecuadorian Habano
b. Mexican San Andres & Jalapa Seco
f. Undisclosed

Check out my initial write-up and talkie re: this JSK offering HERE.
This is Serie II of my 18 Sabbaths project. Please read all about it HERE.
ACT I
A roastier-toastier start to this Sabbath's affair. An immediate zetz to the crown of my head via strength.  better fasten my seat-belt -- I may be in for a bumpy ride. I once, long ago, had a teacher tell me and everyone to cut out 25% of our finished piece before being "done." Funny, I've always added 25% more. Another teacher once told me I'd never amount to anything -- but I've had a fun run of it thus far and mainly. To think -- they're both dead now.

Woods come up outta a compost, manure, barnyard, and leathery meatiness under-belly. Nothing hath of yet leaped out fromth the middlngs to primary... them mids are: pepper, red and cayenne hit. Red spices: cinnamon, cumin, trace clove. Pipe tobacco core -- the JSK cherry is there, and a less familiar vanilla extract addition. Espresso beans.

Some flaking of pale ash, built in a sheath off an even 'nuff though slightly warped burn-line. Pace is moderate. Construction Softens some against light, but not as much as in other Sabbaths. On a second look, two seconds later -- it softens further. Draw is a medium tension. Minimal veins, nice tooth, and tight veins which tighten more-so once heated up. Big smoke out-put settles in an aromatic tobacco room-note of leathery sweet spices.

At the end of opening act, Pepper/spice takes to the primary, seemingly pushed up by a brewing of espresso. A punch in the face outta the gate, then a settling, then a primary: found. Slow developing after a quick juke. Medium-full profile in terms of flavor/body(as leather oils and a toasted chocolate cream is added). Strength is rebounding to its full onset after that settling. Smoke is smooth, mouth-feel a tick spitty, finish s a candied sweetbitter of long sculpted gams.

ACT II
The curtain opens on the second act. I roll off the ash -- a full accumulation of the 1/3 to find the filler burning noticeably ahead of binder/top-leaf. I somewhat pre-emptively flick my Bic. Toasty-roasty dials back its influence on the profile. Chocolate note soars on draw and then finish. A new root beer is on the creamy draw. Cherry is candied. A dark dessert. Texture softens more. Fruitcake via dark grains and dried sugary fruits. Fantastic gift, that -- I have this door which just won't stay open...

Ash flakes flakier and darkens a half-hue. Density of pack is quite not dense. Draw and seams hold, humsoever. Medium-full still, but flexng therein. My upper lip schvitzes and are those palpitations? I ordered a deeply discounted box of Macanudo Cafe the other day. Ah, mild. Ah, inadvertent rhymes. I'm a poet -- and I didn't realize. I can hide in the smoke-out-put of this JSK, which is good, since the Mrs. is due home early.

At the end of the 2/3, strength is in my challah-basket and a new malt attachment hath done hit the grain and chocolate on immediate draw. Some heavy avocado honey is a new player, too. Combustion hath improved and top-leaf/binder/fillers burn in sync.

ACT III
Pace slows. Spices over-take peppers and under-belly moistens. Leathery bits therein get meatier and a chew develops in ye olde smoke-hole. There's a boozy sensation in my throat and chest. Medium-full tickles at full-on full. Strength stays the same yet softens to a nice woozy buzz. Caramelized sugar comes in and then a molasses morphs fromth honey note. Cayenne lingers on the retro-hale, the new sugar meets it whenst it falls to the palate.

Burn-line ribbons a tick hither and thither. All nods toward construction/combustion other than that, hold static. Fantastic smoke for another 18 Sabbaths. I think I'll enjoy the remaining bit in peace. Thanks for the attentions, gentlpersons.

EDITOR'S NOTE
Whilst posted on the Sabbath, this is an automatically generated thing, gentlepersons. These are not created during the Sabbath, but typically on a Friday noon-ish. Shabbot shalom and Gut Shabbos -- and to the goyim: hey, have a heckuva Friday night/Saturday!

Here, have that bonus Jas Sum Kral Lancero video looksie I promised:


Celebrating Shemp’s Last Day, every-day.
HORSE RACING | BOXING | CIGARS

Look for me on Facebook:
Group: Gentlepersons
Page: Have you Kaplowitz’d to-day?

Great cigars, great prices, great customer service
What’s not to like? www.CigarsCity.com

Cala Cigars Gran Reserva
Use the code KAP10 for a 10% discount.

Boutique as... pardon my French.
www.JasSumKral.com Catch the #JSKvirus to-day

Old-school, Micro-roller. Flatbed Cigar Co.:
Please visit: www.FlatbedCigarCompany.com

If you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing it via the buttons below.
Sharing is a quick, easy, and free way to help me grow my audience.

If you’ve enjoyed a buncha these posts, please consider donating.
PayPal: paypal.me/Kaplowitz
L'shalom