Monday, January 16, 2017

(BOXING) DeGale/Jack Thrill, Kiss Sisters, Keep Belts

B"H
"If a tie is like kissing your sister, losing is like kissing your grandmother with her teeth out." George Brett.

January 14, 2017 -- Poor Grandma waits by her phone, still. Nary a loser in-ring nor in sight or attendance (10,128) at Brooklyn's Barclays Center or on Showtime. The year doth got off good gentlepersons, as Misters James DeGale (23-1-1-14) and Badou Jack (20-1-3-12) put on as exciting of a full-length fight as one may hope to see. The only failure was that of failing to unify their Super Middleweight crowns and agree upon a best-in-the-world at 168lb pugilist.

Jack earned the draw on the back of a huge final round, dropping DeGale, a 2008 Gold Medal representative of Great Britain, to his -- and nearly stopping him. Had Jack not jacked there, he'd have almost soitenly lost via unanimous decision. As it turnt out, the participants each sorely disagreed with the joint findings of Judge Glenn Feldman whom scored the bout 114-112 for DeGale, and Judges Julie Lederman and Steve Weisfeld each scoring  the festivities 113-113.

Worthy of note is this is Badou Jack's second draw in as many outings, Mr. Lucian Bute in April being the other. Here's what his promoter one Mr Floyd Mayweather had to say re: that: "This is the second time in a row Badou has gotten a bad decision. James DeGale is a hell of a fighter, but tonight he didn't win. At the end of the day, I don't know what the judges are looking at."

"He was doing a lot of running," Jack added. "He was throwing a lot of sh*t at my guard. I thought I won the fight. I finished stronger. His knockdown was a flash knockdown. I won the fight."

DeGale DeClined espousing that view and countered: "I've got huge respect for this man, but I thought I won that," DeGale said. "I landed the cleanest shots."

The sooner the better for a re-match. Both for the sport and its rightfully hungry fans. What's best next for sport and fan is too best next for each combatant. Nice sized purse and press, sans a step-up in class which may be hard for each; sammich'd twixt Middleweight and Light Heavyweight big-shots.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing it via the buttons below.
Sharing is a quick, easy, and free way to help me grow my audience.

If you’ve enjoyed a buncha these posts, please consider donating.
PayPal: paypal.me/Kaplowitz
Venmo: @KapKaplowitz

Questions/comments/concerns? Contact me HERE.

Please visit www.CigarsCity.com
Great smokes. Great prices. Great customer service. What’s not to like?

Check out www.JasSumKral.com
Catch the #JSKvirus today. Boutique as pardon my French.

Consider, please, joining my Kaplowitz Mishpucha HERE. Too...
like me on Facebook: Have you Kaplowitz’d today?
L'shalom