Thursday, December 22, 2016

Crowned Heads La Imperiosa - Cigar Review

B"H
THE CIGAR
Crowned Heads
La Imperiosa
4 1/2 x 52 Magicos Petite Robusto
w. Ecuadorian Habano Oscuro
b./f. Nicaraguan
m. My Father Cigars S.A., Nicaragua

I reviewed, quite some time ago, the 5 1/2 x 54 Dukes vitola of this blend HERE.
We talked through another look at the blend HERE during a Cigars City Podcast.
A blend I am familiar with, and a fan of. One which does particularly well in wider ring gauges.
K A P L O W I T Z SCALE
construction.
k a p l o w I t z
Looks luscious, all dark and oily with a nice tooth. Some veininess, but no burn impediment. Seams remain nigh invisible. Dense packing that softens only minimally and retains a solid springiness. A smoother draw than I recently recall experiencing. Medium tension'd and even gate-to-wire. Some occasional leaf bits get in me smoke-hole. Shoulder shoulders like a soldier. Temp of smoke stays cool to nub, toothpick, beyond.

combustion.
k a p l o W i t z
Excellently paced throughout. No speeding up nor slowing down. Tight oily ladder-rungs of pale grey w/ silver flecks. No flake. Burn-line is even, tho shy of razor. Two country miles fromst hints at a needed re-touch. Voluminous steamed milk smoky-smoke from each end. Pipe tobacco Werthers' Original breath room-note.

flavors.
k a p l o w I t z
Chocolate-covered seared hickory and mesquite woods. Whipping cream. Syrupy espresso. Pepper is black and red, spices just red. Toasted and salted caramel. Cedar, sweet and creamy, joins wood array in the 2/3. Floral notes and dark buckwheat honey are on the cooling finish. Under-belly is a very leather barnyard compost with dark roasted barley attachment. Retro-hales are warmly sweet nougat goodnesses. 3/3 ups the earthy bits with a tick of cola.

body.
k a p l o w I t z
Rich, moist, robust of buttery creams and leathery oils. A tongue-tingle in the depths of it all. Palate tingles as smoke progresses, but never abrades. Muscular cream muscles up even more in 3/3. Moist mouth-feel, but ne'er spitty. Long legs on the finish, clean thereafter.

strength
k a p l o W i t z
Like a comforting hot water bottle on yer chest. Ya know what else is like a hot water bottle? The one in my lap. It's freezin' here! Not dizzying of head, but bracing of challah-basket guts. 3/3 warms the throat in an ungruff manner.
FINAL GRADE
****A****
If you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing it via the buttons below.
Sharing is a quick, easy, and free way to help me grow my audience.

If you’ve enjoyed a buncha these posts, please consider donating.
PayPal: paypal.me/Kaplowitz
Venmo: @KapKaplowitz

Questions/comments/concerns? Contact me HERE.

Please visit www.CigarsCity.com
Great smokes. Great prices. Great customer service. What’s not to like?

Check out www.JasSumKral.com
Catch the #JSKvirus today. Boutique as pardon my French.

If I might too, give Lucky Leaf a long look. Be Lucky.

Consider, please, joining my Kaplowitz Mishpucha HERE. Too...
like me on Facebook: Have you Kaplowitz’d today?
L'shalom