Friday, December 23, 2016

Felix Assouline Ego - Cigar Review

B"H
THE CIGAR
Felix Assouline Ego
6 1/2 x 54 Spirit Belicoso Box-press
w. Habano Criollo 98
b. Indonesian
f. Nicarauan & Honduran
m. Nicaragua
K A P L O W I T Z SCALE
construction.
k a p l o W i t z
The soft box-press feels quite nice and light in the mitt and mouf; so much so I worry it's under-stufft. It proves not to be, as we shall see. Seams are looser in a spot or two than others. Veins, but pressed flat and speak to no burn impediment. Texture of shaft is smooth and dry, then oils into a goodly sheen as smoked. Complexion is a thin espresso bean marbling over a reddish hue with goldenrod under-tone. Draw is a satiating medium+ tension, smoothly even throughout. Press holds to the cool smoke delivering nub.

combustion.
k a p l o W i t z
A relaxed smoldering and even-paced burn, show this Ego to not be under-stufft. As doth its only minimal softening against light, then re-stiffening. Burn-line starts on quite a wave, but corrects on its lonesome thru the 1/3. Ash looks Nicaraguan (silver flecked pale sheath) on one side, Honduran (nigh-charcoal broken ladder-rungs) on the other. There's a lilt towards the Nica-side... smooths to meet in the middle from 2/3 on. Golden tobacco room-note with a sweetly spiced floral lilt. Shaft is cool as shaf -- "Shut yo' mouth ... Can you dig it?"

flavors.
k a p l o W i t z
Autumn-spiced cedar. Sunlit earth with a slight sweet hay attachment. Cocoa butter. Copious tho not unsettling amounts of white pepper on draw and through the nose. Drops to palate in a red pepper, sweetened with avocado honey and its characteristic buttery depths. A building creaminess. Sweet woods. 2/3 is all about hibiscus and salted caramel cashews. Black pepper comes in kindly. Cinnamon steers spices. Final act is a sweet earth, woods, and heavy cream forefront. Leathery under-belly. Deeply nuanced with lively complexities all the live-long.

body.
k a p l o w I t z
A growing tingle on a set-in-place and steadfast creaminess of thick and thin oils. Both Rico and Suave in the smoke-hole, verily. A warmly delicate oily bit seeps to my chest. Finish is long as Sarah Jessica Parker's nose. Ends cleanly as Howie Mandel's bald head.

strength.
k a p l o W i t z
On special occasions, I add seltzer to my Manischewitz to make "Manipagne." Patent pending. This Felix Assouline Ego doth that to my head. Nice. I usually cut with mess Lanischewitz, gentlepersons.

FINAL GRADE
****A-****
If you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing it via the buttons below.
Sharing is a quick, easy, and free way to help me grow my audience.

If you’ve enjoyed a buncha these posts, please consider donating.
PayPal: paypal.me/Kaplowitz
Venmo: @KapKaplowitz

Questions/comments/concerns? Contact me HERE.

Please visit www.CigarsCity.com
Great smokes. Great prices. Great customer service. What’s not to like?

Check out www.JasSumKral.com
Catch the #JSKvirus today. Boutique as pardon my French.

If I might too, give Lucky Leaf a long look. Be Lucky.

Consider, please, joining my Kaplowitz Mishpucha HERE. Too...
like me on Facebook: Have you Kaplowitz’d today?
L'shalom