Thursday, October 20, 2016

Padilla Single Batch - Cigar Review

B"H
THE CIGAR
Padilla Single Batch
4 1/2 x 60 Perfecto
w. Ecuadorian Sumatra
b. Honduran
f. Brazilian, Dominican, Honduran, United States
THE KVELL 
Five for a buck, gentlepersons.
It's a Perfecto!
Six countries? Tres continental.
Admirable smoke out-put.
Nice burnt offerings, pale and mainly solid tight ladder-rungs.
Sweet cream. Soft woods. Suede. Apple. Earth...
... no shortage of flavors, although*
Short+ sweet finish. Simple then clean 'nuff.
Car-a-mel, mah brutha.
Smooth 'nuff draw. Medium tension at fattest m+ at taper.
Five for a buck, gentlepersons.
It's a Perfecto!

THE KVETCH

Bit less smooth than I recall the previous fiver.
I can't believe the Indians are World Series bound.
Kept me flicking my Bic on three retouches.
Slightly acidic.
*flavors tend toward mottling, boundaries are un-enforced.
Burn doesn't completely even-up until taper. Never prefected.
Mouth-feel is dry and acidic.
I taste cardboard.
Texture suffers as smoke progresses.
Smoke out-put mutes a taper.

THE KIBBITZ

I reviewed one from CI's first batch of fivers HERE. To be clear, this offering is from the second round. If'n ya notice, there's US tobacco in this one, and not in thatta one... unless I wrongly transcribed. This one brung more strength to the table, as well. Coarser, too.

No real transitions (nice ones, anyways). No "gotcha" complexities nor nuances. Slight+ burn issues at the fat end, ease up greatly at the taper. Construction was quite OK and I already covered combustion, but I shall add it burns at a nice pace. Medium profile. Far from splendid balance delivered in a surprisingly coarse fashion. Somewhat ashy room-note.
SMOKE TIME

60mins

FINAL GRADE

****B-****
L'shalom