Thursday, August 4, 2016

Isabela Sparkle - K A P L O W I T Z Scale Cigar Review

THE CIGAR
Isabela Cigar Co.
"Sparkle"
Robusto 5 x 52
w. Ecuadorian des Flor
b. Nicaraguan Media Tiempo
f. Nicaraguan

I talked some pony over another "Sparkle" HERE.
This 'un, to be clear, has a couple months of humi on it.
Each came courtesy of Mr. Johnny Piette, brand owner and mensch.
K A P L O W I T Z SCALE
K least, Z most
Construction I
Combustion I
Flavors W
Body O
Strength P
&
Sweet I
Sour O
Salty W
Bitter O
Umami A
&
Complexity I
Nuance I
Transition L
Balance I
Smoothness I
&
Animal P
Spicy W
Woody L
Vegetal W
Earthy O
Chemical K
SUMMATION
Clean and bright with a great acidity flying under a primary of produce and white peppers pushed along by a distinct vanilla. Almond paste underbelly. Smooth and rich, yet of a -medium body. Very nuanced and equally complex. Much greater umami all new savory bits come from a newly developed thin supple leather (more humi time on this offering). It's an over-stuft chair yer wife's cat puts a scratch in, day one. Sweetness ebbs in 2/3 and a saltiness takes hold... then sweetness returns in 3/3, side-by-side with saltiness and slight mineral aspect. Woods are scarce but lively, but flirt with green. Lacking some transition and filled middling notes, the later affecting balance. Construction and combustion are excellent.

SMOKE TIME
65mins

FINAL GRADE
****B+****