Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Nomad Cigar Co. Therapy Habano - Cigar Review

PROLOGUE
11:50am
I have a newsletter now, gentlepersons. See the form to your immediate or so right. It is free, and it is worth every penny. You'll be, by signing up, privy to my innermost thoughts and occasional special savings courtesy of Cigars City.

That said, let's address the cigar.
"Hell-ooo, cigar!"
THE CIGAR
Nomad Cigar Co.
Therapy Habano
Ecuadorian Rosado wrapper
Nicaraguan Habano Jalapa binder
Nicaraguan & Dominican fillers
Chubby Rothschild/Short-Petite Robusto/Smallerthanbreadbox
4 1/2 x 50 

Compliments of 
Nomad Cigar Co.
PRE-LIGHT
Very nice and even caramel with rosy highlights complected offering. There are a couple of darker spots, but they lie nicely withing the overall hue. Slick handed with a whisper of tooth. Very tight seams and minimal veins, well-crafted cap. Pretty thing, this. The foot offers a ginger/orange peek of tobacco which is packed with a medium+ density.

A moment on the band this Therapy label of three brethren wears. Each blend is differentiated only by a color on a plain almost brown paper bag material. I like it. You know why? It took me a while to figure out -- I am a fan of well-done offerings no matter the context or genre. That includes this homespun schlock boutique visualising. Plus, I like that Mr. Rewey's Twitter handle is there. It's a bit of entrepreneurialism on par with Amazon incorporating .com into its name. The band reminds me of the paper sack you'd take an artisan french bread home in from a countryside Parisian bakery.

Back to the Therapy Habano: That medium+ density hint is further given credence upon a squeezing. No soft/hard spots -- perfectly even with a mere hint of give, given.

Nose time: Rich but not abysmally heavy tobacco with notes of sweet spices and a nutmeg spotlight with cinnamon understudy. Light cocoa and creamed java. Moving from shaft to foot, I get a nice dose of cedar and a sharp leather. On a cold pull which offers medium+ resistance, I get shown a good amount of creamy cocoa and sweet spices again led by nutmeg and cinnamon, but cinnamon closes the gap some. Some sharp seasoned cedar. Leather backing.

Should be a good 'un, gentlepersons.

LIGHT
Toasting the foot lets loose a very nice cedar and leather. So nice, I toasted it a tad longer than normal. First hot pull is a mouthful of gingerbread with a marshmallow cream behind it. Second hot one is retro-haled and is, indeed, a hot one. Red peppers then black assault my sinuses, but I ain't complainin'. Third hot one is predominately a ginger snap affair. Nice creamy mouth-feel and notes of seasoned cedar, cocoa with cream, nutmeg. The finish is of medium+ length and is an extension of the draw which shows a sweet (creamy cocoa, ginger snap, sweet spices) and spicy (red pepper, roasted cinnamon, sharp cedar) balance with a leather backing. Room-note is sharply clean leather with a hint of citrus in its smooth texture. At the end of the lengthening finish, I should note, is a very pleasantly sweet cocoa with a touch of non-acidic citrus.

Burn-line is razor-thin and almost dead even. Ash is pale grey with near-charcoal low-lights and piles on thickly solid. Perhaps solidly thick. Who's to say? Draw is a tad to the + of medium, but gets your smoke-hole plenty of smoke.
ACT I
The peppers subdue a bit now and a citrus comes on. Cream responds nicely and begins toward a creme brulee. Leather carries it all nicely and the cocoa is actually quite interesting as it takes on a malt vibe. Finish is medium+ and consists of that chocolate malt with some white peppers and a softer cedar that feels more alive than seasoned. A hint of red clay is there. Medium profile thus far into it.

There's a definite vibe of ginger snaps left a touch too long in a wood oven, but great for holding up well to a dip in hot cocoa. The stick warms and feels to come alive. The red pepper comes on a bit again in a more roasted fashion. Red clay hardens under the heat. Did someone bake the cookies in a kiln? Outrageous!

I completely impressed and slightly buzzed, thank ya. Strength ticks up to a medium+ and I expect more on the horizon. I am ever so glad, as a lightweight, that I started this affair post chicken noodle soup. Actually, the whole profile pushes ahead to medium+ as the body takes on a heavier creme brulee feel. Very dessert in an autumn wood cabin. I ain't raking the leaves. They're charming, will only return, make good mulch, and my back hurts.

Construction holds pretty as a peach and ash is rolled off at an inch, a densely packed and tastefully greezy inch.

ACT II
The plot thickens. No, that's the smoke. Puffs of zaftig whiteness -- like I like my women. White to black peppers on the retro-hale are a bit ouchy but ultimately kind in their cleansing of the sweet draw notes which remain unchanged but roast further to the point of a being chewy. Marshmallow ramps up and is sprinkled with nutmeg like one of them fancy coffees I can't afford. Ah, coffee -- there's a chocolate liqueur in it now, but not syrupy. Leather is aging into a mature armchair in a heavily paneled study.

The draw heads over toward firm, but presents no problems and I feel as though I'm easily sipping from a heavy mug. All nods to construction other than that, hold. A great chew is developing and there's a nice salted butter on my full and sensuous lips.

The burn-line thickens a tad now and goes only minimally astray. Profile now tickles at full and no thanks, I'll sit. Did someone yell fire? Bring me a bucket of water and leave me alone with it. I pull my hat over my eyes. The warmth is nice.

ACT III
Cumin sidles up in small doses. Chocolate deepens to dark yet stays sweet. These flavors both hold to a lengthening finish where baker's spices mingle. Leathery draw with toasted cedar notes. Creme brulee mouth-feel gets torched a bit more and caramel peeks through more clearly. Ash darkens and thickens and dampens with more oils. Burn and burn-line go back to even and razor, respectively.

It's official: I'm a fan of Therapy. With the Maduro I hear spoken of so fondly still patiently waiting in the wings.

Very dark chocolate foot-smoke. Saltiness subdues but it was never aggressive. Speaking of aggressive, this is a very kind -full profile. I feel it warm in my chest like a shot of top shelf sippin' Bourbon. It's all so cozy, I feel cuddly even out here on my cement porch on a chilly day.

It's wrapping up now, so imma shut up now. See you gentlepersons in a little while.
NOTES
A very good stick which I highly recommend. I feel as though I've been wordy enough. And thensome.

PAIRINGS
Anything warm and creamy in a big heavy mug. Irish Coffee. Warmed brandy. A cuddle buddy.

FINAL GRADE A

EPILOGUE
12:45ishpm
I'm seriously not raking my yard. You cannot make me, gentlepersons.