Monday, October 16, 2023

West Tampa Cigars Black in (Redux) Review

BRAND: West Tampa Tobacco Co.
BLEND: Black

WRAPPER: Habano Dark
BINDER: Nicaraguan Habano
FILLER: Nicaraguan

FORMAT: Toro (652)
ORIGIN: Nicaragua
INTENSITY: Medium-full

NOTES:
Coffee | Anise | Molasses

Italian-roasted beans become Cuban coffee, tres continental! A burnt-edged molasses is the glue and the straw(that stirs the drink). Anise rhymes with molasses? Darkly-mature, well-rounded.

TASTE: A-
DRAW: A-
BURN: B+
BUILD: B+

FINAL GRADE: A-
A 90-100 B 80-89 C 70-79

[I have had a chance to speak about West Tampa a lot recently. This means I've also given the brand and its portfolio no small amount of thought. While this Black is my third favorite of the current three, it also feels to have the most likelihood of smoking fabulously with a tick more age on it. I believe I'm correct but I do miss that roasted orange note.]

I originally reviewed this blend HERE.

::: very :::