Thursday, November 3, 2022

CAO Cigars BX3 in (Synesthesia) Review

CAO Cigars BX3 in (Synesthesia) Review

WRAPPER: Brazilian Mata Fina
BINDER: Brazilian Arapiraca
FILLER: Brazilian, Honduran, Mexican, Nicaraguan

FORMAT: Robusto (552)
ORIGIN: Nicaragua
INTENSITY: Medium-full

NOTES:
Wood panels | Aviator lenses | Grunge

Woody station wagon and the sensorial feels of its rolled-up windows interior. Surfboards and aviator lens shapes of large floral pastel patterns and amber, respectively. Hula skirt? Quite the dive Tiki vibe. Midwestern wood-paneled rec room. Someone's island dream. Plastic hula girl on the dashboard. Cast iron cookware, heating up. Hotdishes and big box store Aloha shirts. A discordant blues harmonica.

Then nothing for a bit. My mind wanders-off and I get a little lonely waiting here for my mind to return. Out of nowhere, Velvet Revolver plays Slither and I get glimpses of Raven hitting his Evenflow DDT. Except in my head, he's wearing one of those damned Aloha shirts and it looks greasy. Visions of tin McDonald's ashtrays. A heavy glass ashtray the same shade as the aviator lenses.

My Great-aunt Ann in her housedress? Grandaunt is also proper but somehow sounds far too proper for this context.

TASTE: A-
DRAW: B+
BURN: B+
BUILD: A-

FINAL GRADE: B+
A 90-100 B 80-89 C 70-79

I previously reviewed this blend in my more usual way HERE.

::: very :::