Monday, May 23, 2022

Punch Cigars Knuckle Buster Maduro Answers (through me) A Proust Questionnaire

Punch Cigars Knuckle Buster Maduro Answers (through me) A Proust Questionnaire

A bit ago, I posted an article here on KM about The Proust Questionnaire, about confession albums and in particular about one filled out by Arthur Conan Doyle (On Confession Albums, The Proust Questionnaire, and Arthur Conan Doyle). I (and Vanity Fair) find the questions to be potentially quite illuminating as a form of an interview. 

I've now smoked many of these Punch Knuckle Buster Maduro offerings. I even gave one an official KM write-up (Punch Cigars Knuckle Buster Maduro in Review). I'm happy with my efforts there but also, as our acquaintance has since grown, I began to feel the need to share a bit more about what makes this offering tick. Thus, I decided to channel its essence and fill out ACD's questionnaire as its sentient representative.

I'm smoking one as I type this. Here goes what I guess you can quite loosely call my interview of the Knuckle Buster Maduro by Punch.

Your favourite virtue? Toughness.

Your favourite qualities in man? Being a badass. Keeping a budget. 

Your favourite qualities in woman? Lady in the streets, freak in the sheets. Monogamy.

Your favourite occupation? Delivering one or two big notes.

Your chief characteristic? Smoky roasted additions to those notes.

Your idea of happiness? Watching street fights on IG Reels.

Your idea of misery? Apologizing.

Your favorite colour and flower? Black, precious metals. Not big on flowers.

If not yourself, who would you be? Sonny Liston, Mike Tyson, Joe Frazier.

Where would you like to live? Don't care. Maybe Philly.

Your favourite poets? Bukowski. St. Brigit.

Your favourite painters and composers? Edward Hopper.

Your favourite heroes in real life? Everyday fighters who never quit. 

Your favourite heroines in real life? My mom and my old lady.

Your favourite heroes in fiction? Rocky Balboa.

Your favourite heroines in fiction? No chick books.

Your favourite food and drink? Black coffee, Jack Daniels.

Your favorite names? Matthew, Luke, John, Mark.

Your pet aversion? Weak left hooks. Not earning your keep. Bragging.

What characters in history do you most dislike? Atheists.

What is your present state of mind? Let's go!

For what fault have you most toleration? Chasing skirts.

Your favourite motto? Let's go!

::: very :::