Saturday, May 28, 2022

New Kaplowitz Media. Sherlock Holmes Project Announcement | The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

New Kaplowitz Media. Sherlock Holmes Project Announcement | The Hound of the Baskervilles [HOUN] by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

I was in the fourth or fifth grade when my dad introduced me to Sherlock Holmes through a paperback copy of The Hound of the Baskervilles by A. Conan Doyle. I was immediately hooked. Shortly after, I read The Adventures of, and was even further hooked--after acclimating to how different those tales (and then the rest) seemed from this novel. HOUN is a 'Victorian Creeper' with Holmes added in; not yet fully returned from the Great Hiatus. 

The Great Hiatus. The time between Doyle deciding to kill off his Holmes creation in The Final Problem (1893) and succumbing to popular pressure thus bringing the consulting detective back to life from the never-dead in The Adventure of the Empty House (1903). The Hound of the Baskervilles (1901-2, serialized in The Strand Magazine) is, to be clear, set in 1889. Nevertheless, I did promise word of a new project. 

By now, of course, you are aware that this new project deals with The Hound of the Baskervilles. You should even be able to take a quite educated stab as to why. But how? Good question. Each week, I will post my written take on a single chapter of the book. That's it. Pretty simple. Each new installment will have in it links to the others. There are 15 chapters, so 15 weeks and we'll say it all begins this coming week of May the 30th. 

That's it. Thanks so much for your attention.

Postscript: You can find my thoughts on Chapter 1 HERE, and from there, links to the rest. (6/6/22 -Kap)

::: very :::