Wednesday, February 9, 2022

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle | All Stories Reviewed, Rated, Ranked

lo-fi & lovely

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle | All Stories Reviewed, Rated, Ranked

From October 11, 2021 to February 3, 2022, I posted my thoughts as to each story within The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes collection. Each of these installments culminated with a final grade. That's right. They all culminated in my own hubris. That's what I said the first time. Below, they all appear in a ranked fashion, running highest to lowest. 

If you'd like to read my full thoughts on one or all, simply use the Search Kaplowitz Media. field at the right side of your screen. As to the here & now, in the case of a tie insofar as Final Grade, I ranked them according to my present and unaccountable whims. Rank is bulleted numerically to the left, FG rating is parenthetically to the right, of each title.

::: HERE WE GO :::

1. The Red-Headed League (9.5)

2. The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle (8.5)

3. The Adventure of the Copper Beeches (7)

4. The Five Orange Pips (7)

5. The Boscombe Valley Mystery (7)

6. A Scandal in Bohemia (6.5)

7. The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor (6)

8. The Adventure of the Speckled Band (5.5)

9. The Adventure of the Engineers Thumb (4.5)

10. The Adventure of the Man with the Twisted Lip (4)

11. A Case of Identity (3.5)

12. The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet (3)

In each installment, I wrote, "I'd like to take a moment to remind you kind Gentlepersons that I write these thoughts under the assumption of you having read these adventures." If this little project of mine got or gets nothing more than you either visiting or revisiting these tales, I'm peachy with that. I honestly can't conjure up a better for instance.

So what's next for my Kaplowitz Media. as pertaining to its Sherlockian content? A walk-through of The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes? A Perusal of A Study in Scarlet? (Continuing) articles that pass as scholarly when posted within this, a cigar & pipes blog? Well, yes. All of those things eventually. Stay tuned here, and to @kaplowitzmedia on Twitter and the rest.  

::: very :::