Friday, December 31, 2021

Happy New Year 2022

lo-fi & lovely

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Dearest Gentlepersons,

Another shared trip around the sun, huzzah! A rather trying one for certain, but if you are reading this, thank you and congratulations on being up to the task that was 2021. It wasn't easy here, truth be told. Remember Kaplowitz Media. Coffee? Kaplowitz Media. Wine? Books? Those cool blogs? Me neither. But if I did, I'd recall them as failed attempts at line extensions (in the parlance of the cigar industry). I could blame the times as the culprit. Maybe the spreading of myself too thin. Instead, I'll pat myself on the back for deciding to grow via shrinking-consolidation back to here, the core line (although to be clear, I never did leave).

It wasn't all subtraction in 2021, however. Pipe tobacco reviews and views came aboard fully-so and are quite lovely, I must say. Also Sherlockian content. I feel Sherlock Holmes blends well and will continue to do so in 2022. Quite honestly, it's the biggest kick I get currently. Many of you might well be surprised where it will often take us. A hint--it can take us anywhere. I can all but promise there will be no more additions or subtractions of topics in the coming year. 2022 will be about settling in. As to more looking forward at Kaplowitz Media., I can share this upon what I already have: expect more written words; less talking. KM. is M-E and I prefer being a lone wolf, hip cat, writer monkey. "Fuck off."

For the non-readers, my "1st & 15th" podcast with Phil Kurut of Comedy Cigars Music will continue; as will the Instagram program "Live from the Throne Room" with Lee Marsh of Stolen Throne Cigars. All other a/v stuff will cease for the time being. Writings will continue to be delivered as they are now and, as noted, grow from there. I completed a book this year, a biography of Phil Zanghi of Debonaire Cigars. That should be available to be read shortly. Currently, I am (as I hope you are aware) writing another book with an eye on hopefully publishing the thing in 2022. The Unnamed Cigar Dictionary (UCD) has been a beast to wrangle but comes along well. 

I guess that's about that and so, get the fork ready for sticking into both this post and the year that was. I'm pleased as punch my Kaplowitz Media. will live to see 2022 and beyond. It's been a real trip. To paraphrase a well-worn and tired Hunter S. Thompson quote, I bought the ticket and I took the ride. I do (so as you all know) plan on being the last off the bus, Gus. "Wally: [exiting bus last if I recall correctly] I’m sorry. The guys made kind of a mess in your bathroom. Bus Driver: What bathroom?" - The Simpsons, "Sunday, Cruddy Sunday" (Season 10, Episode 12)

Warmly,

Kap

@kaplowitzmedia
Twitter | Instagram

::: very :::