Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Ventura Cigar Slaughterhouse in Review "Manageable Haunches"

“Have you Kaplowitz’d to-day?”

Ventura Cigar Slaughterhouse

WRAPPER: San Andres
BINDER: Mexican Sumatra
FILLER: Multi-country

FORMAT: Robusto (mixed filler)
ORIGIN: Nicaragua
INTENSITY: Medium

NOTES:
Black pepper | Anise | Dark chocolate

Warm according to both notes & temp of smoke. Sweetly dark, darkly sweet. It's all one throbbing nigh volatile note. A core of earth we'll call topsoil w/ finely ground black pepper, anise, & dark chocolate shavings mostly. Undertones or lettuce say lesser-tones: cola, pumpernickel, vague red/purple fruits. Cherry shows itself now & again. Simple fair. I never mention price but when I do, as I will here, a bigger bang for your buck (or three) you won't find better than here.

Olfactory-wise, ever open a bag of Cafe Bustelo grounds? Also, a nice leather is intro'd alongside a molasses influence. That all gets to palate via progression. Each note is a tiny core inside that main one and well, that's structure of a sort. Delineation, say. Finish is hot & slightly heavy like I like my women. Short, too (same, women). I like a nice set of manageable haunches. I also value value. A pleasant smoke w/ neat nuances and surprisingly decent taste. 3/3 does asphalt-charcoal up a tick. Purge, repeat.

Construction/combustion-wise, this stogie burns straight 'nuff at passable pacing. Draws quite well. Ash won't grow (mixed fill). Cherry is neatly centered. Somewhat of a wispy-wimpy smoke out-put. I feel I should clarify; I need a woman who can gracefully wear a two-piece. Also insofar as clarification; I do not have a separate grading scale for this pricepoint & all it entails. Furthermore, I do not have plans for instituting said scale. It's a good smoke to smoke, given the price which again, I never mention.

FINAL GRADE: B-
A 90-100 B 80-89 C 70-79 D 60-69 F 0-59

::: very :::