Thursday, April 4, 2019

Room101 Cigars Farce | Cigar Review by Kaplowitz

"Have you Kaplowitz'd to-day?"


Room101 Farce
WRAPPER: Ecuador
BINDER: Indonesia
FILLER: Dominican, Nicaragua, Pennsylvania, & Undisclosed

FORMAT: Lonsdale 6.5x42
ORIGIN: Tabacalera William Ventura, Dominican Republic
STRENGTH: Medium/Medium-Full

NOTES: I love it when you call me Big Peppa. No one calls me that. I might be Notorious, but not that B.I.G.* Where was I? Oh.

Big pepper upfront. Bold but carried smoothly in leathery oils. Tang stirred with a cedar swizzle stick flows in when pepper dials back after a few puffs. Undertones to that are a deep dark mocha latte with licorice lilt which borders on a floral thing. At the half or about, I get some candied black walnut & paprika/cinnamon led red spices. Underbelly is thick w/ deeply roasted rich soil earthiness and an inherent sweet 'baccy.

Burns even 'nuff & no re-direct is required. Draws a tick rigidly in the 1/3 then eases up. Gets a tick warm come 3/3. Ash builds particularly well given the thing's vitola. Very smoky pulls, noticeably lesser-so twixt. Throw your hands in the air, if you'se a true player.

Oh, PEPPER circles back in 3/3.

I'm gonna have to ask you to read "Room101 Farce Coming This Spring" by David Clough for Cigar Aficionado ((( link ))) See, I'm a news aggregator too!... or something.

* strictly speaking in terms of mass appeal.


FINAL GRADE: B+
A 90-100 B 80-89 C 70-79 D 60-69 F 0-59

#KM
Twitter
YouTube

Keep #KM going & GROWING:
Donate HERE via PayPal.
Shop for K/M merch HERE.