"When you think of La Flor Dominicana, you might think of a ligero laden smoke with plenty of power to go around. However, that’s not the case with the LFD Suave. It’s a more mellow option for those of us who want to enjoy all the qualities of the brand, but not the strength." - Cigar Advisor
La Flor Dominicana (LFD) Suave
[this cigar review is all (mainly) thumbs. Sorry.]
- A Connecticut with a decent set of balls (in 1st-half).
- Sour/Sweet overtones toast nicely.
- Pepper-spice undertones roast nicely*
- Fairly complex (muted) for a milder fare.
- Good depth of notes/nuances.
- Smooth but not dull or wimpy.
- Rich & soft
- RICO SUAVE!!!
- Decent legs on sweet finish**
- Cool of temp from gate-to-wire.
- Tightly-built ash makes a strong inch.
- No hard/soft spots.
- Tight seams.
- A Connecticut with balls pulled into its guts (in 2nd-half).
- Notes are bright to the point of being tangy.
- *although lacking in bitter/savory backings.
- Not overly balanced.
- Retro-hale brings on acidity.
- **Ends with acidic lilt twixt draws.
- Quite grassy in second-half.
- Draw is a tick swampy & hesitant.
- Bit of a wavy burn.
- Pepper-spice: white pepper & ginger
- Cream, sweet-toasted
- Wood (pine)
- Coffee, weak brew
- Grains (white bread)
- Herbal (chamomile)
FORMAT: Toro "Maximo"
ORIGIN: Dominican Republic
FINAL GRADE: B-
A 90-100 B 80-89 C 70-79 D 60-69 F 0-59
Report a typo, win a No-prize.
Like Kaplowitz Media on Facebook HERE
& join the Kaplowitz Media Group HERE
Keep me going.
Keep me GROWING.
Donate HERE via PayPal.
"Fifty-Four" Kaplowitz Radio