Seeing as this is a redux review, I recommend first reading my Curivari Achilles Legendario Heroicos - Cigar Review post. Up to you. Although a little bit of freedom is a very dangerous thing. Or maybe that's just me. Lettuce have another gander this Curivari Achilles...
- Draws smooth and even.
- Cap and shoulder stay well-affixed.
- Nice smoke out-put, all-'round.
- Excellent sweet-spice room-note.
- Finish is quite good. Long, sweet/sour spices.
- Balance is a selling-point here.
- Smooth texture with a perfect bissell tingle.
- Smoke is cool temp'd, gate-to-wire.
- Complex to a surprising degree.
- Some softening in spots.
- Loses box press fairly quickly.
- Burn operates on a curve.
- Ash ain't a grower.
- Pacing is rather fast.
- Notes are a bit grassy in 1/3.
Sweet & sour spices up-top over salted bitters, sans bite. Dusty-warm peppers. Rich and cleanly-so -- not heavy. Flavors are a medium+ as is the syrupy body. Strength kindly trails at a barely medium.
- Pepper (white, black, red)
- Mulling Spice
- Duck Sauce
- Apple Butter
- Fruit syrup
- Cedar (fresh)
- Grains (toasted)
FORMAT: Robusto Box Press
ORIGIN: Tabacalera De Nicaragua S.A.
BLENDER: Andreas Throuvalas
FINAL GRADE: A-
A 90-100 B 80-89 C 70-79 D 60-69 F 0-59
Reno's most exclusive Cigar Boutique.
Specializing in rare and hard to find cigars.
Report a typo, win a No-prize.
"A Barbie Queue" Kaplowitz Radio: December 6, 2017