Saturday, September 3, 2016

Manolo Estate Serie 32 Habano - Cigar Review

B"H
INTRO
I done did previously, a full write-up of this stick HERE.

THE CIGAR
Manolo Estate by Master Blends
Serie 32 Habano
5 x 50 Robusto
w. Ecuadorian Habano Broadleaf
b. Dominican Corojo
f. Nicaraguan & PA Ligero
K A P L O W I T Z SCALE
K least, Z most
Construction I
Combustion I
Flavors W
Body W
Strength O
&
Sweet W
Sour O
Salty L
Bitter I
Umami W
&
Complexity I
Nuance T
Transition I
Balance I
Smoothness I
&
Animal O
Spicy O
Woody W
Vegetal L
Earthy I
Chemical A
SUMMATION
Sweet primary with a bitter counter-balance aided by a sour attachment. Robust medium profile with a body of oily butter. A sweet ripe finish and mouth-feel of spiced cream. All-'round balanced and in constant motion. Quite complex and nuanced. Lively like a fullback, not a halfback. No bite. Rich saltiness in the cream and oils. Chewy like an aerated chocolate bar. 

Red pepper. Brown sugar. Cayenne, slight. Oak, seasoned. Cedar, sweet. Cocoa, spiced. Aromatic tobacco. Almond paste. Earth, sweet and creamy. Cuban coffee. Leather. Leather, oil. Orange zest. Red spices-cum-mulling spice. Seasonings. Meat. Butter, sauteed. Salt. Fruits, cherry and raisins. Mineral, slight. 

Ash builds to a grey marbled inch of ladder-rung growth at a time. Seams hold. Burn is even 'nuff on a thin line an occasional ribbon doth self-correct (a single 3/3 re-touch on a small blister is required). Pacing is even and of a decent speed. Draw is even-keel'd at a medium tension. Can be over-smoked, so sip slowly but not cautiously so, gentlepersons. Smoke out-put is impressive off each end, a thoroughly satiated smoke-hole on a smooth texture. Cumulus clouds smell of a creamy sweet leather tobacco with seasoned wood comfy zing. Mouth-feel is creamy with a balancing tobacco tingle and cayenne tip a' the tongue calm buzzing. Finish is an earthy sweetness with coco and almond paste attachment. Main transition is a meaty one. Complexity is high medium and nuance a tick higher... lively but not erratic. Notes seem to cascade onto the earthy under-belly. 

SMOKE TIME
70mins

FINAL GRADE
****A****

OUTRO
Full disclosure: I am affiliated with the Master Blends Cigar Company. Too, I represent only that which I admire.

L'shalom