Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Gurkha Park Avenue Series 44 - Kaplowitz Scale Cigar Review

THE CIGAR
Gurkha Park Avenue
7 x 50 Churchill
w. Nicaraguan Habano
b. Nicaraguan
f. Nicaraguan & Dominican

I mistakenly referred to this offering in the Kaplowitz Show below as the Connecticut offering. I also gave some cold notes therein. Interesting to see the Habano toting a 50RG as opposed to the CT's 48. Thanks to my pals over at Cigars City for the kind sampling. 


My all-day corn cushions have proved to go no longer than ninety minutes prior to going mammaries up -- so lettuce get to it, gentlepersons. Today's sense of urgency is a palpable one... 

K A P L O W I T Z SCALE
K least, Z most
Construction L
Combustion L
Flavors O
Body L
Strength K
&
Sweet W
Sour O
Salty P
Bitter W
Umami I
&
Complexity L
Nuance O
Transition P
Balance I
Smoothness I
&
Animal I
Spicy P
Woody O
Vegetal W
Earthy I
Chemical K

SMOKE TIME
100mins

FINAL GRADE
****B****

EDITOR'S NOTES
Bearing in mind: animal as leather, cereal grain umami, and nuts as vegetal.

Thanks, gentlepersons, as always -- for the kind loaning of yer attentions.