Friday, May 20, 2016

Project X: Offering 4 Serie II - Blind Cigar Review (Casa Fernandez Miami Anniversario 2014)


'Natch by now, I will break down flavors into categories as you will see below. I then shall note any flavor which arises. Too, I will grade according to my K A P L O W I T Z Scale guidelines. This all shall be noted and notated at each 1/2.

In a noted addition of notating, I too will note any other thing (typically construction, combustion, and uncharted notes) at the time in which those noting needs arise.

I will then offer a final grade ruling. THEN, on ye next THE GENTLEPERSONS SHOW (check yer local listings), Mr. Darryl Martin shall reveal what it is that I reviewed. We'll kibbitz 'bout it.

Blind review, yes? Oh, yes. Blind review.

THE CIGAR
*classified*
Oval-pressed Toro
Casa Fernandez Miami Anniversario 2014
ACT I

FLAVORS
Animal: Musk.
Sweet: Buttery. Chocolate/cocoa. Creamy. Vanilla. Caramelized sugar. Coffee and cream.
Spicy: Chili pepper. Mulling spice. White pepper. Black pepper.
Woody: Cedar wood. Oak wood.
Vegetal: Bell pepper. Nuts, raw. Grass, fresh.
Earthy: Dirt/earth. Dust. Peat.

K A P L O W I T Z SCALE
K being the least, Z the greatest
Appearance W
Construction I
Combustion I
Flavors/Body I
Strength W

NOTES

  • Smooth pillowy chocolate cold draw. Hint of dusty spice rack.
  • Foot top-leaf is a bit fercockt and chalked up to shipping.
  • Burn is a tick wavered, but nada egregious; still by damaged leaf.
  • Big red/chili pepper up front, ebbs quick and lets more through.
  • Long finish -- spiced cream leather-led. A strong suede. Work boots.
  • Sweet spiced tingle.
  • Burn is un-perfect, but even.
  • Draw is a bit spongy, but nice and softly germane to softer notes plot.
  • Balance: less but more spice notes/more but less sweet notes. Nice.
  • Re-touch to get through pre-light hiccups in wrapper.
  • Very appealing mouth-feel. Slightly moist.
  • Solid mainly white ash. Tight ladder-rungs, even. Sheath starts.
  • An inch in a smoke goes wild.
  • Earth is interesting... wet and dry.
  • Big pepper-play on retro, interesting graham underneath.
  • Wrapper seems delicate. Smooth. Soft. Wants to catch on my skin.
  • 1/3 is ash now. Will not roll off in $0.99 Walmart tray, black plastic...
  • ... then dumps on Chromebook, the schmuck.
  • Some airy crusty artisan bread notes.
  • Slips into a country drive sorta mode, but tingles enough to stave boredom.
  • Lots of earth and dust and chili pepper. Black pepper comes on.

ACT II

FLAVORS
Animal: Musk.
Sweet: Buttery. Chocolate/cocoa. Creamy. Vanilla. Caramelized sugar. Coffee and cream.
Spicy: Chili pepper. Mulling spice. White pepper. Black pepper.
Woody: Cedar wood. Oak wood. Aromatic tobacco.
Vegetal: Bell pepper. Nuts, raw. Grass, fresh.
Earthy: Dirt/earth. Dust. Peat.
Malt: Chocolate, Honey.

K A P L O W I T Z SCALE
Appearance W
Construction I
Combustion I
Flavors/Body I
Strength O

NOTES

  • Strength dials back, but stays 'nuff. Kinda cushions.
  • Black pepper is very subtle and butter-roasted.
  • Chili pepper packs a wallop.
  • White pepper drives the peppers.
  • Green pepper pahks the cah.
  • Cedar and oak blend in coffee and cream note.
  • Very relaxing. Meditative. Navel is sadly under two layers and I can't contemplate.
  • ... three layers. In May. Thanks Obama.
  • Chocolate get a honey addition and malts.
  • Flavor labels don't change, but deliver sure doth.
  • More damp than dry.
  • Burn slows.
  • Peppers dial back... am I dreaming? Is it all a dream?
  • It hits you with flavors, envelopes them in cream, Calgon's ya off.
  • Only new addition is aromatic tobacco and hot dang.
  • Only complaint is a waver in burn... two re-touches. On-set & nigh band.
  • Literally made my neck muscles loosen.
  • Paired well with listening to 30mins of nWo theme song. Thanks, BROTHER1.

SMOKE TIME
100mins

FINAL GRADE
****A****

REMEMBER: Tune into the next THE GENTLEPERSONS SHOW (check local listings) for the reveal.

POSTSCRIPT: In the interest of uniformity, I will be working from a flavor chart via Stogie Fresh. ("Malt" added by moi.)

1 Anthony.