Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Who What When Where Why w/ James Brown of Black Label Trading Co. Cigars

"Our attitude re-thinks standards for cigar making, and caters to cigar lovers and aficionados tired of a mainstream, mass produced approach to cigar making. At Black Label Trading Company, we have created a market for those with the attitude that they deserve the best, and the confidence that they deserve to experience the Black Label Experience. Our philosophy is Less is More; Small is Big; Small is Elite; and finally, Fine Tobacco making is Fine Art. Much like when we experience fine art, the Black Label Experience involves slowing down, taking in, being in the moment and letting expectation be replaced by surprise, and ultimately, total satisfaction." - BlackLabelTrading.com
Who has mentored you and who have you mentored?

I have had no mentors in life. In turn I try my best to mentor anyone who is coming up. In life and in business. 
What have you compromised and what won’t you compromise?

I look at cigar making as an expression, an art. So sometimes I can get pretty off the wall on the artistic side of things. Luckily I have great partners that do a great job of reeling me in. I never compromise in business or in life. I believe in putting out the best quality product possible and in life, I live it with no regrets. 
When is it a failure?

We all get kicked down in life but you only fail when you stay down. 
Where are you on your journey and where are you going?

I don't know where I am, anything could happen tomorrow. I would say I'm doing what I'm doing now and doing it the best I can. 
Why do you succeed?

I think we succeed because were different. You have to be comfortable in your own skin. People pick up on that, I'm a real person just trying to make a small foot print in this industry. We stay hungry and that always pushes us to what's next.
Mr. Brown (photo: BayouLifeMag.com)
&
Thanks ever-so much to Mr. James Brown for his time. Thank you, dear reader, for dearing. Look for my review of Black Label Trading Co. oferings just aroun' the corner.

In the by & by, please to check out:

Like them on Facebook
Follow them on Twitter