Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Further on Each of the Eleven (11) Commandments of Cigar Etiquette XI

11. Holdeth not a cigar as thou wouldst a cigarette.
Lest I shall smacketh you, n00b.
By my own admittance (and too the fat Tabby (my Dachshund Ruby Vondella in a varied form) who first did spaketh it): this is the most petty of our Eleven (11) Commandments of Cigar Etiquette. So as is Tradition, as of meow, we shall to include a wrapping up of the previous ten (10). No extra charge.

Simply, one does not hold a cigar as one would a cigarette.
* Rest the cigar on your middle finger and lightly yet securely, rest your index finger around it.

* Also acceptable is to hold it with all four fingers on top and your thumb underneath.

* You might have some explaining to do, ya cheap and filthy animal, but holding a nub by a toothpick is also OK. Mainly because I do it.

You may NOT hold it in your mouth whilst speaking.
A Wrap UpWhile not so much a wrap up, as to emphasize the importance of these Eleven (11) Commandments of Cigar Etiquette, I will tell you why it is that I took time to forward to you all these utterings of a MADuro laced fat Tabby (my Dachshund Ruby Vondella in a varied form) covenant.

At the heart of my admiration of and for the Cigar Lifestyle is its gentlepersonliness.

I sit on my porch, schmata handkerchief on my lap, Manischewitz at my side in a dollar store wine glass, and I am lovely. I am lovely in my thrift store clothing. I am lovely as Opera or Classical Music streams from my crack-screen'd phone. I wish for us all to be lovely.
Thank you for reading, as always. Please, too, to read The Eleven (11) Commandments of Cigar Etiquette in their entirety HERE.