Sunday, June 26, 2016

Joshua v Breaseale Retrospective

BOXING
YESTERDAY'S NEWS TODAY
JOSHUA KOs BREASEALE IN 7
O2 ARENA, LONDON
I Kibbitz'd regarding this match-up in a prediction show. You can listen HERE as I warn against Mr. Anthony Joshua (17-0-0&17) looking past this fight with Mr. Dominic Breaseale (17-1-0&15) -- you can also hear me giving Joshua a tick too much credit, even whilst warning against not giving Breaseale 'nuff. As I audio-style point out at the above podcast link, they had virtually the same record against the same-ish level of opponents coming into their showdown.

In the actual prizefight, bearing in mind a caveat to "virtually the same record against the same level of opponents," Mr. Breaseale had been stunned and dropped -- so I must ask -- what took the highly vaulted Anthony Joshua so dang long? He had each and every opportunity to end it in the 2nd, as I predicted. Call me a contrarian, and if ya do I'll say no, natch -- but I am not blown away by Joshua's performance here. What's next for him, then? As I just know that the fella's thoughts doth revolve around proving himself to lil ol' I...
Mr. David Price (20-3-0&17? There's a name being bandied around. Remember him, gentlepersons? Me either, but once my steel trap memory got spritzed with a dose of lubricant: the Liverpool native was knocked-out twice by Tony Thompson a couple/few years back and also by Germany's Erkan Teper last year. He's rebuilding now. Feh!

Mr. David Haye has too been mentioned and I do wish that would stop, generally. Although I am somewhat convinced that those people mentioning Haye are, vastly, Haye. LET'S GO CHAMP. My how I'd like to see Mr. Shannon Briggs pull one out there. Fury and Wilder are of course being named, but I feel maybe in a couple years. There is in existence, a mandatory challenger and I'll quote what promoter Eddie Hearn said re: that, "November. We like the Joseph Parker [(10-0-0&16)] fight, that's the mandatory, we'll have to deal with that at some point, whether that's November, December or whether that's March, April that's a good fight."

A final note: potentiality is a beautiful thing, indeed. Humsoever, when the future is attempted to be passed off as the present, it starts to resemble amateur hour. The IBF Heavyweight Crown, then, as one fit for a prince -- not a king.