Saturday, January 23, 2016

Who What When Where Why w/ Kennedy Achille of Stogie TV


A quick quick heartfelt "Thank ya" to Mr. Achille for taking time out of his busy schedule to answer my Who What When Where Why. Now I shall let the man himself ably take it away, break it down, and bring it home:

"Stogie TV is the 1st TV show to feature the World of Cigars. A unique media platform for all cigar enthusiasts from around the world. Featuring cigar shops and education, Stogie TV is the new way to view the world of Cigars!"

Who has mentored you and who have you mentored? 

The list is long. I live in Miami, the bloodline of the Cigar Industry and home to over 90% of the Cigar Icons. I have learned so much from Nick Perdomo, Nestor Miranda, Eric Espinosa, Don Kiki, Christian Eriora, Enrique Sanchez, Rafael Nodal, Bertha Bravo, the Torano family, and I must recognize my home shop "Cuenca Cigar Shop" in downtown Hollywood, FL and the list goes on. I Take advantage of all the information and people that surround me in Miami. I do however look up to a particular person in the industry, Mr. Jose Orlando Padron. No other person in the industry has a survival story like his. In the industry, he is my idol because he never gave up...Neither will I. Outside of the industry, I give credit to my education and literature. I earned my masters degree in 2007 in education and continued to pursue my Doctorate Degree in Organizational Psychology. My professors were hardcore educational & business BEAST. They taught me, "In order to succeed, you must read!" Napoleon Hill, Og Mandino, Spencer Johnson, Daniel Pink, Steven Covey, Robert Kiosaki, Susan Dewine, are the most powerful Authors of all time ( In my humble opinion) and contributes to my business ethic.

What have you compromised and what won’t you compromise? 

In business, I negotiate a win-win situation for my sponsors and or advertisers. Stogie TV is the 1st of its kind and I built it to help showcase the industry in a positive light. Therefore, everyone wins. I won't compromise negative slander against anyone or product. I've been asked to use the power of Stogie TV to bash other companies by certain companies in the past...my reply was simple, "Go to hell". If it's not positive, I'm not interested.

When is it a failure? 

I never fail...I learn. Even when I play chess, I never lose...I learn. Failure is giving up, and there is no way in HELL that I would ever give up. If it doesn't work out, then I go back to the drawing board and find out what happen. If it works out, then I go back to the drawing board and find out why it worked. Ether way, I learn.

Where are you on your journey and where are you going? 

Everyday is a new start to a different journey. I learned from Napoleon Hill that yesterday's success belongs to yesterday, today is a different day.

Why do you succeed?

I succeed because I must. Owning your own business is no different than living in a jungle...survival of the fittest. I am the first to do what I am doing, that's a lot of pressure. But the result is success because I LOVE what I do, not like! Ask anyone if they "like what they do", if they respond "I like it" then that is a red flag for failure. When you love what you do, you eat, drink, sleep, breath, and BLEED IT! In short, it's called passion.

**
*

Again, a heartfelt thank ya to Mr. Achille for sorting out a hectic schedule in order to A my Qs. It is much appreciated; as is your readership, gentlepersons.

Visit the Stogie TV website
Stop by the YouTube channel