Thursday, October 12, 2017

Cubs Go On, Nats Go Home: An NLDS Game 5 Retrospective

I feel the baseball version of I just ate two Thanksgiving dinners. In a deciding game-five featuring all of baseball ever whilst tickling at five-hours, the Chicago Cubs advanced to the NLCS against the Dodgers -- and the Washington Nationals got sent home. Final score: 9-8.
Wade Davis hurled for the last seven outs... he's a southpaw now, I imagine. Although I get aheada myself. Deep breath, rewind: The Nats led 4-1 early, then later trailed 8-4 four stanzas later. Then Natties 8-6. Then Cubbies 9-6. It was 9-8 in the ninth's onset and oy vey. It took 14 pitchers to surrender 23 hits. In the 5th frame DC invented ways to unravel. Lettuce just suffice to say it included four events which hath never occurred before in the same half-inning. Ever. I'm telling you, this ball-game made even my new crossword puzzle app seem dull.

And Bryan Harper made the last out, going down swinging at ball-four. You gonna eat that turkey?


"With My Pickle" Kaplowitz Radio: October 11, 2017