Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Odds & Ends August 2017: Ringside Report, Flannel Fashion, Shemptember, GoFundMe, & Stickers

Please to look for these Odds & Ends posts monthly; typically more towards the ides.
I'm out here commuting twixt porch office and carport lounge, sucking on a Panacea Red 760, preparing for Shemptember News & Events. First on the docket is the 9/1 Kaplowitz Radio Facebook hosted (4) hour LIVE VIDEO STREAM direct from my aforementioned carport lounge. This begins at 10am Pacific, and hey! -- stop by if yer free. I'll put ya on, and ain't it fun being put on?

Then comes JEW SMOKE (9/15), then the slow unfurling leading up to my Top 10 Cigars of the Year list (9/30). Keep yer eyes peeled for info along the way. Ah, Shemptember. Excellent flannel-time. More on that in a tick.

Butt first, like a breech birth...

GOFUNDME:
I have set up a GoFundMe page, because the spirit of Shemptember is the spirit of giving, gentlepersons. This pledge drive shall run from now through September 30th, and all proceeds shall go toward enhancing www.Kaplowitz.xyz and Kaplowitz Radio. The link to contribute is HERE.

& now, flannel. In August 16th's Jas Sum Kral Exclusive Release - Cigar News (& 10 Rules: Wearing Flannel Shirts), I left out one quite important bit of information. I was made aware of my own remiss in missing this by a gentleperson asking me, to paraphrase, 'which colors/patterns of flannel should I wear?' I answered in "To-day's the Day!" Kaplowitz Radio: August 30, 2017, but too shall amend herein:

*11* RULES OF WEARING FLANNEL SHIRTS

  1. No button-down collars
  2. Do not button cuffs, rolling is fine
  3. Only wear a tapered cut if you are tapered
  4. No need to match colors in plaid to other attire
  5. Sweatpants and blue jeans are each acceptable pairings
  6. Wrangler and Levi's are aces, a pair a' them
  7. Do not tuck into pants
  8. White undershirts/wife-beaters are OK, un-mandated
  9. Leave at minimum, the top two buttons un-done, open is silly
  10. Un-flannel plaid shirts are a no-no
  11. *Brawny pattern'd black w/ red, white, or blue is optimal*

RINGSIDE REPORT, KAP'S SMOKE RING
I have been given the opportunity to pen a weekly boxing column exclusively over at Ringside Report. There's just one thus far, but do get in on the ground floor and check out Kap's Smoke Ring vol. 1: Rocky Marciano, Floyd Mayweather, JR, Andre Ward, Gennady Golovkin Vs Canelo Alvarez & More… All my articles there will eventually be archived HERE. 'Tis simply me and a stream of boxing consciousness o'er the length of a stogie. Every Tuesday.
SPONSORS:
I'd like to take the time to welcome two new sponsors to Kaplowitz, Drew Estate and Cattle Baron Cigars. If you are looking to advertise, please give my Media Kit a looksie.

THE OFFICIAL KAPLOWITZ STICKER:
Stickers! Customize whatever ya got and wherever ya go with the Official Kaplowitz sticker! WOW. Reserve yours now by clicking HERE. An excellent way to toss a few Shemptember shekels my way and get a lil somethin' back. Limited run! Very boutique! Offer expires in 21 days!

NO-PRIZE OPPORTUNITIES:
Gentlepersons, share this post on Facebook or Twitter and said and coveted No-Prize shall be yours in the form of a mention at my blog and/or podcast. You'll be famous! If not greatly appreciated. Find (& tag me in yer share) at:
www.facebook.com/Kaplowitz
www.facebook.com/KaplowitzRadio
www.twitter.com/KaplowitzRadio
"To-day's the Day!" Kaplowitz Radio: August 30, 2017