Tuesday, July 11, 2017

AJ Fernandez Blended Hoyo La Amistad Silver Intros at IPCPR - Cigar News

'Tis kick-off day at the IPCPR trade-show and General Cigar Co. hath introduced Hoyo de Monterrey's new Hoyo La Amistad Silver follow-up to last year's Hoyo La Amistad. Offered in three formats of Robusto, Churchill, and 5 1/2 x 52 Pancho; the recipe employs fillers by way of Fernández’s farms in Condega and EstelĂ­ underneath an Ecuadorian Habano top-leaf.
A.J. Fernandez founder, Abdel Fernandez, via press release: 
"It is an honor to blend for Hoyo because it reminds me how far I’ve come and gives me a chance to reflect on my roots. Growing up in Cuba near to the Hoyo de Monterrey tobacco farms left a big impression on me. Those fields will always remind me of home. So when I came to develop the second blend in the Hoyo La Amistad series, I wanted to honor the Cuban tradition of Hoyo by making a cigar with all Cuban-seed tobaccos. In this project, I used tobaccos that I grew on my farms in Nicaragua, so this is very special to me personally."