Saturday, November 5, 2016

Breeders' Cup (11/5) & Pacquiao/Vargas Review

B"H
BREEDERS' CUP
JUVENILE FILLIES Champagne Room at 30/1! Anybody here cashing in on that? Terrible start by American Gal, sluggish and wide. 28th slowest time in 32 years.

FILLY & MARE TURF Blazing pace. Lady Eli is all the way back from the brink, but Queen's Trust wins on a huge fluid move.

I'm still looking to break my maiden this year.

SPRINT Drefong does have that early speed... and that late speed. The most impressive thing Masochistic did was calm down into the gate at the show of a hand. Just not the right race for him.

My pick is the kiss of death. Good thing there's no tall buildings this side of town.

TURF SPRINT Obviously Obviously, as soon as he was there, he was there. An nigh amazing (too) late rush by Om. I counted a 78 horse field. I heard a sorta confused call.

I'm still awaiting my trip to the Winners Circle.

JUVENILE My pick of Practical Joke was well-ridden yet simply out-classed by winner Classic Empire and place-horse Not This Time. Really, though, it was the blinkers that won this very well run race.

We'll see CE & NTT in May, to be sure.
TURF It's as if Highland Reel writ the script and a very gutsy jock in Seamus Heffernan handled the edits and approval. It might look easy, but holding a lead like that is amongst the hardest things to do.

I am off the schnide, gentlepersons!

FILLY & MARE SPRINT Finest City, huh? 28 year-old trainer, huh? I was outside on a cigar break whenst it happened. Can't speak to it. My timing must be off.

I know my pick of Haveyougoneaway was. I'm taking an awful beating.

MILE Tourist wins on what is finally a fair shake and off a blistering pace. Tepin came on strong, just not strong 'nuff, from very far back. My pick, Miss Temple City... has crossed the line... not quite yet...

... now.

Chromie. The key is somewhat strangely Melatonin -- whom might win should feces meet fan.

This is set to be far too complicated a race for Arrogate.

CLASSIC I thought Melatonin would throw Arrogate off, but there's a higher IQ and stamina there than I gave credit for. What a horse!

The first time I root for California Chrome, he runs his race and comes up short. No perfect season -- the Hollywood writers musta taken the day off.

Now to brew another pot of coffee and get ready for Pacman/Vargas. What a darn tribute of a Sabbath to Shemp's last day!
PACQUIAO v VARGAS 
I am predicting a passing-of-the-torch upset in a somewhat sloppy if not frustrating bit o' pugilism. Mr. Pacquiao controls most of the action until Mr. Vargas staggers him a la Mr. Bradley in a not-as-late round... say the 9th. It's stopped in the 10th. There is a reason, other than moolah, that Bradley opted for Pac-man III over a Vargas Re-match.

The result, gentlepersons? I was spot on. Because it ain't never too late to misremember. All told, this has been one heckuva sporting day, gentlepersons.
EDITOR'S NOTE
Just 'bout all of this was lifted from my own real-time Facebooking.

If you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing it via the buttons below.
Sharing is a quick, easy, and free way to help me grow my audience.

If you’ve enjoyed a buncha these posts, please consider donating.
PayPal: paypal.me/Kaplowitz
Venmo: @KapKaplowitz

Questions/comments/concerns? Contact me HERE.

Please visit www.CigarsCity.com
Great smokes. Great prices. Great customer service. What’s not to like?

Check out www.JasSumKral.com
Catch the #JSKvirus today. Boutique as pardon my French.

Anytime. Anywhere. (541) 343-0167 #GoTaxi

Stop by www.ManoloEstate.com
Cuban Heritage | Inspired innovation #SmokeManolo #CubanCrown

If I might too, give Lucky Leaf a long look. Be Lucky.

Like me on Facebook: Have you Kaplowitz’d today?
L'shalom