Friday, November 18, 2016

18 Sabbaths - My Father Le Bijou 1922 - 17th Sabbath

B"H
THE CIGAR
My Father Cigars
Le Bijou 1922
6 1/8 x 52 torpedo box-press
w. Nicaraguan Habano Oscuro (Pelo De Oro)
b./f. Nicaraguan

A full review of this offering can be read HERE.
A K A P L O W I T Z Scale review can be read HERE.
All 18 Sabbaths (& more re: the project) can be read HERE.

This offering and the remaining are courtesy of Cigars City and my mad March Madness skills.
K A P L O W I T Z SCALE
Construction.
k a p L o w i t z
Via a noticeably spongying shaft throughout and a slight+ unwinding of cap, we barely hit the medium-realm. A savior here was an even draw which well-satiated smoke-hole. Seams loosened in varying depths, but held. Nub held, but offered a quite-warm mouthful.

Combustion.
k a p L o w i t z
Too solid a patch of packing or a zaftik stem made for a hardened spot, lending to an uneven temp'd burn in the 2/3 as I struggled to thoroughly make burnt offerings there. A runner and a blister each threatened at different spots of the 2/3 and 3/3 and each self-corrected after slight+ disturbances. Very uneven resting foot-smoke out-put. Room-note was a porch-note on a cold windy morn, so I can't/won't speak to that, gentlepersons.
 
Flavors.
k a p l o W i t z
I have a tick a' the sniffles. so I can't/won't speak to this (much) either, gentlepersons. Chocolate was lesser involved this Sabbath, in a dark nigh waxy chocolate manner. Plums and grapes. Prunes and raisins. Wine cask flirtations. Buttery cedar with peppery hardwood spilling into a toasted dark tobacco. Espresso. Dark nuts, skins and shells and alls. Some red spice-rack involving an occasional peeking out of cumin. Dried herbs, assorted. A dark cream coupled with thick leathery oils. Top-soil, compost, barnyard underbelly received some cascading upper fruits and leathers.

Body. 
k a p l o W i t z
"A dark cream coupled with thick leathery oils." (Kaplowitz, 2017, 18 Sabbaths - My Father Le Bijou 1922 - 17th Sabbath) Medium+ to echo the above scale. Some nice accompaniment of tingle from pepper and hearty tobacco. Excellent moisture-level. Clean at the end. 

Strength.
k a p l O w i t z
Not the nicotine blitz some other Le Bijou Sabbaths hath been, but there was some a'dat, too. This strength is mainly of tobacco backbone and high earthen underbelly.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing it via the buttons below.
Sharing is a quick, easy, and free way to help me grow my audience.

If you’ve enjoyed a buncha these posts, please consider donating.
PayPal: paypal.me/Kaplowitz
Venmo: @KapKaplowitz

Questions/comments/concerns? Contact me HERE.

Consider, please, joining my Kaplowitz Mishpucha HERE. Too...
like me on Facebook: Have you Kaplowitz’d today?
EDITOR'S NOTE
Original post was heavily edited to now exclude video. As such, this Sabbath's Le Bijou shall unfairly appear as camera-shy. I was unhappy with the first presentation of results, and am quite much happier with the version yer reading now. Only the very best for yas, gentlepersons.

Unfortunately, I was forced to edit into the Sabbath and shall have to take that up with Chabad in earnest. Gut Shabbos, Shabbot Shalom, and happy Saturday (to the goyim).

L'shalom