Sunday, November 1, 2015

Mailbag Monday for 11.02.15

Happy November, gentlepersons! I do hope yer Halloween was frightfully spooktacular. I thank you in advance for taking time to read this installment of Mailbag Monday in-between raiding yer kid's trick-or-treating bounty.
"Why do you use PAM spray in your cooking?"

Because it works exceptionally well and doesn't add a single calorie (or at least little enough as to be legally declared 0 calorie). Ease of use and I still look great in a bikini -- given the time to shave my nethers. Too, it has been around since 1961, just enough, in a stretch, to allow me my old school sensibilities.

If a lack of added flavoring troubles ya, I'd recommend the butter flavored PAM. It tastes a little bit like butter, even. Thanks for offering up the first non-tobacco query I've allowed to go to post. What a riot!
"How can I distinguish between plume and mold?"

Plume/bloom is a natural phenomenon caused by a cigar 'sweating off' some of the oils that are inherent to its tobacco. If the substance in question is white, and wipes off cleanly -- that's plume. Smoke 'em if ya got 'em, gentlepersons.

Mold, on the other hand, appears more bluish and leaves a stain on the wrapper after being wiped off. I would not smoke 'em even if I had 'em. Mold is caused by over-humidification -- so check yer climate. Also, make certain to use only distilled water in your humidification process. Also, also, don't store moldy sticks with 'good' ones.
"I've been told to not smoke a cigar more than halfway down. Thoughts?"

Send the remaining half of each stogie my way. My address can be found HERE

This is a thing I've written about before, but since I can't recall where, I can't post a link and am forced to write. Thanks for nothing. Essentially, this is a bit of etiquette first put forth by Zino Davidoff. Mr. Davidoff, as you are most likely aware, sold cigars. What a boon for business to sell two sticks to everyone who required one. 

The thought is that beyond the 1/2, offerings get hot and bitter and mottled. My thought is that one should smoke until one wishes to cease smoking. Too, that everyone should send me the half or so they did not smoke -- but we covered it already. Truly, though, I would say to smoke through the 2/3 at least, to capture any possible transition.

What do I personally do? Smoke tills I can't smokes no more. A toothpick is oft employed to save my delicate fingers from ouch.
"How is a ring gauge arrived at?"

"Ring gauge is used to indicate the diameter of a cigar. It's actually not that complicated, as the whole measuring scale is based on 64th of an inch. Therefore, a cigar with a ring gauge of "50" is actually 50/64th of an inch in diameter, and a cigar with a ring gauge of "64" is 64/64th of an inch, or 1 inch, in diameter."  --www.milantobacco.com

For a writer, I sure do prefer to copy/paste over write.

And there ya got it, gentlepersons. Another Monday and another Mailbag in the ol' can. Pennies in a jar, this. Hope your week doth rocketh. Thanks again for reading, and feel free and welcome to send me your queries